original relic 2

  • Leo
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 14, 2007
      Hi

      I was reading that in Ancient India, Buddhist were respecting and
      venerating the Wheel.
      Today I was reading Digha Nikaya and it says about Treasure Wheel with
      One Thousand spokes....
      I would not mind to have a wooden, one thousand spoke wheel with
      gemstones in that, to make it more like a treasure look. How many do
      you think gemsones would be ok for that? Any idea on what else can
      make it like treasure look? At the same time I want to have a natural
      wood look with a nice polish. I do not want to be too much on gold and
      all that. Any ideas on making that? Let me know.

      With Metta
      Leo
    • Harry Liew
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 16, 2007
        Hi Leo,

        360 degrees divided by 1000 = .36 deg per arc.

        It won't be easy unless it is a very big wheel.

        Harry

        Leo <leoaive@...> wrote: Hi

        I was reading that in Ancient India, Buddhist were respecting and
        venerating the Wheel.
        Today I was reading Digha Nikaya and it says about Treasure Wheel with
        One Thousand spokes....
        I would not mind to have a wooden, one thousand spoke wheel with
        gemstones in that, to make it more like a treasure look. How many do
        you think gemsones would be ok for that? Any idea on what else can
        make it like treasure look? At the same time I want to have a natural
        wood look with a nice polish. I do not want to be too much on gold and
        all that. Any ideas on making that? Let me know.

        With Metta
        Leo

      • joseph
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 12, 2007
          Hello friends.
          I wanted to share an incredible experience connected with Dhatuu.

          Wat Sanghathan, Nonthaburi, just north of Bangkok, had a prominent
          exhibition of relics of some of the well known Tthai forest ajhans.

          year 2000 I, a novice, stayed there in a hall, next to a more modest
          display of relics and remains of a deceised monk.
          the dhatuu, intressting colored stones, gem-like, kept apearing and
          sisappearing, morning there would have been a few, of a certain
          color,
          a certain shape, afternoon, there was a different set althougether.

          as I was not versed in the tradition I thought there is some trick,
          so I tried to find out, but no, no one touched, moved the relics or
          done anything in a way of intervention.
          it was such an incredibly display of a miracle that should be
          remembered and the memory shared.

          make yourself an island, be a lamp unto yourself...

          Jothiko Bhikkhu