Re: Recording of Pali Word

  • dipankaro
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 5, 2007
      Dear, Alex,
      What were you referring to those Pali terms? Could you write in clear
      pali? For example: sa.mv.t.ta as"nkheyya kappa (what I understood).
      With metta,
      Dipankaro

      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 5, 2007
        Alex,

        The terms looks like Thai transliteration of the Pali terms, as follows:

        > > 1) Sangwat-asankheyya kappa = sa.mva.t.ta asa.nkheyye kappa (the
        > incalculable age of rolling back of the universe) = collapsing universe
        >

        > 2) Sangwat-tathayee-asankheyya kappa = sa.mvatta-.t,.thayii asa.nkheyyakappa (the incalculable age of the rolled back universe): the collapsed
        > (stable) universe (or the big crunch)
        >

        > 3) Wiwat-asankheyya kappa = viva.t.ta asa.nkheyya kappa (the incalculable
        > age of the rolling open universe) = evolving or expanding universe
        >

        > 4) Wiwat-tathayee asankheyya kappa = viva.t.ta-.t,.thayii asa.nkheyyakappa (the incalculable age of the rolled open universe) = the evolved
        > (stable universe)

        What we have here is the conception of an pulsating universe, spoken by the
        Buddha some
        2500 years ago!

        > May all be well and happy.

        Piya Tan

        --
        The Minding Centre
        Singapore 650644

      • Alex Long
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 6, 2007
          Sadhu. Learn somethings from you.

          With metta,
          Alex

          Piya Tan <dharmafarer@...> wrote:
          Alex,

          The terms looks like Thai transliteration of the Pali terms, as follows:

          > > 1) Sangwat-asankheyya kappa = sa.mva.t.ta asa.nkheyye kappa (the
          > incalculable age of rolling back of the universe) = collapsing universe
          >

          > 2) Sangwat-tathayee-asankheyya kappa = sa.mvatta-.t,.thayii asa.nkheyyakappa (the incalculable age of the rolled back universe): the collapsed
          > (stable) universe (or the big crunch)
          >

          > 3) Wiwat-asankheyya kappa = viva.t.ta asa.nkheyya kappa (the incalculable
          > age of the rolling open universe) = evolving or expanding universe
          >

          > 4) Wiwat-tathayee asankheyya kappa = viva.t.ta-.t,.thayii asa.nkheyyakappa (the incalculable age of the rolled open universe) = the evolved
          > (stable universe)

          What we have here is the conception of an pulsating universe, spoken by the
          Buddha some
          2500 years ago!

          > May all be well and happy.

          Piya Tan