Re: [Pali] Re: Recording of Pali Word

  • Alex Long
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 4, 2007
      Thanks Bros/sis in the sublime dhamma.

      Just want to double check these are the right pali words;
      1) Sangwat-asankheyya kappa
      2) Sangwat-tathayee-asankheyya kappa
      3) Wiwat-asankheyya kappa
      4) Wiwat-tathayee asankheyya kappa

      May all be well and happy.

      Alex

      Ong Yong Peng <pali.smith@...> wrote:
      Dear Nina, Alex and Jennifer,

      a larger collection of words is available from this link:
      http://www.geocities.com/paligroup/palwvm.zip

      I found thw site; <http://www.aimwell.org/Help/Pali/pali.html>

      > Alex: As i am really interested in the actual pronouncement of
      > the entire series, please advise how to go about getting it?

    • dipankaro
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 5, 2007
        Dear, Alex,
        What were you referring to those Pali terms? Could you write in clear
        pali? For example: sa.mv.t.ta as"nkheyya kappa (what I understood).
        With metta,
        Dipankaro

        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 5, 2007
          Alex,

          The terms looks like Thai transliteration of the Pali terms, as follows:

          > > 1) Sangwat-asankheyya kappa = sa.mva.t.ta asa.nkheyye kappa (the
          > incalculable age of rolling back of the universe) = collapsing universe
          >

          > 2) Sangwat-tathayee-asankheyya kappa = sa.mvatta-.t,.thayii asa.nkheyyakappa (the incalculable age of the rolled back universe): the collapsed
          > (stable) universe (or the big crunch)
          >

          > 3) Wiwat-asankheyya kappa = viva.t.ta asa.nkheyya kappa (the incalculable
          > age of the rolling open universe) = evolving or expanding universe
          >

          > 4) Wiwat-tathayee asankheyya kappa = viva.t.ta-.t,.thayii asa.nkheyyakappa (the incalculable age of the rolled open universe) = the evolved
          > (stable universe)

          What we have here is the conception of an pulsating universe, spoken by the
          Buddha some
          2500 years ago!

          > May all be well and happy.

          Piya Tan

          --
          The Minding Centre
          Singapore 650644

        • Alex Long
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 6, 2007
            Sadhu. Learn somethings from you.

            With metta,
            Alex

            Piya Tan <dharmafarer@...> wrote:
            Alex,

            The terms looks like Thai transliteration of the Pali terms, as follows:

            > > 1) Sangwat-asankheyya kappa = sa.mva.t.ta asa.nkheyye kappa (the
            > incalculable age of rolling back of the universe) = collapsing universe
            >

            > 2) Sangwat-tathayee-asankheyya kappa = sa.mvatta-.t,.thayii asa.nkheyyakappa (the incalculable age of the rolled back universe): the collapsed
            > (stable) universe (or the big crunch)
            >

            > 3) Wiwat-asankheyya kappa = viva.t.ta asa.nkheyya kappa (the incalculable
            > age of the rolling open universe) = evolving or expanding universe
            >

            > 4) Wiwat-tathayee asankheyya kappa = viva.t.ta-.t,.thayii asa.nkheyyakappa (the incalculable age of the rolled open universe) = the evolved
            > (stable universe)

            What we have here is the conception of an pulsating universe, spoken by the
            Buddha some
            2500 years ago!

            > May all be well and happy.

            Piya Tan