Re: Recording of Pali Word

    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 3 10:09 PM
      Dear Nina, Alex and Jennifer,

      a larger collection of words is available from this link:
      http://www.geocities.com/paligroup/palwvm.zip

      I found thw site; <http://www.aimwell.org/Help/Pali/pali.html>

      > Alex: As i am really interested in the actual pronouncement of
      > the entire series, please advise how to go about getting it?
    • Alex Long
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 4 4:13 AM
        Thanks Bros/sis in the sublime dhamma.

        Just want to double check these are the right pali words;
        1) Sangwat-asankheyya kappa
        2) Sangwat-tathayee-asankheyya kappa
        3) Wiwat-asankheyya kappa
        4) Wiwat-tathayee asankheyya kappa

        May all be well and happy.

        Alex

        Ong Yong Peng <pali.smith@...> wrote:
        Dear Nina, Alex and Jennifer,

        a larger collection of words is available from this link:
        http://www.geocities.com/paligroup/palwvm.zip

        I found thw site; <http://www.aimwell.org/Help/Pali/pali.html>

        > Alex: As i am really interested in the actual pronouncement of
        > the entire series, please advise how to go about getting it?

      • dipankaro
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 5 5:14 AM
          Dear, Alex,
          What were you referring to those Pali terms? Could you write in clear
          pali? For example: sa.mv.t.ta as"nkheyya kappa (what I understood).
          With metta,
          Dipankaro

          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 5 6:10 PM
            Alex,

            The terms looks like Thai transliteration of the Pali terms, as follows:

            > > 1) Sangwat-asankheyya kappa = sa.mva.t.ta asa.nkheyye kappa (the
            > incalculable age of rolling back of the universe) = collapsing universe
            >

            > 2) Sangwat-tathayee-asankheyya kappa = sa.mvatta-.t,.thayii asa.nkheyyakappa (the incalculable age of the rolled back universe): the collapsed
            > (stable) universe (or the big crunch)
            >

            > 3) Wiwat-asankheyya kappa = viva.t.ta asa.nkheyya kappa (the incalculable
            > age of the rolling open universe) = evolving or expanding universe
            >

            > 4) Wiwat-tathayee asankheyya kappa = viva.t.ta-.t,.thayii asa.nkheyyakappa (the incalculable age of the rolled open universe) = the evolved
            > (stable universe)

            What we have here is the conception of an pulsating universe, spoken by the
            Buddha some
            2500 years ago!

            > May all be well and happy.

            Piya Tan

            --
            The Minding Centre
            Singapore 650644

          • Alex Long
            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 6 4:22 AM
              Sadhu. Learn somethings from you.

              With metta,
              Alex

              Piya Tan <dharmafarer@...> wrote:
              Alex,

              The terms looks like Thai transliteration of the Pali terms, as follows:

              > > 1) Sangwat-asankheyya kappa = sa.mva.t.ta asa.nkheyye kappa (the
              > incalculable age of rolling back of the universe) = collapsing universe
              >

              > 2) Sangwat-tathayee-asankheyya kappa = sa.mvatta-.t,.thayii asa.nkheyyakappa (the incalculable age of the rolled back universe): the collapsed
              > (stable) universe (or the big crunch)
              >

              > 3) Wiwat-asankheyya kappa = viva.t.ta asa.nkheyya kappa (the incalculable
              > age of the rolling open universe) = evolving or expanding universe
              >

              > 4) Wiwat-tathayee asankheyya kappa = viva.t.ta-.t,.thayii asa.nkheyyakappa (the incalculable age of the rolled open universe) = the evolved
              > (stable universe)

              What we have here is the conception of an pulsating universe, spoken by the
              Buddha some
              2500 years ago!

              > May all be well and happy.

              Piya Tan