Re: Carolyn Rhys Davis and Anatta

  • dipankaro
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 1, 2007
      Dear friends in the Dhamma,
      Regarding the 'anattaa' whether sb is understood or not, we don't need
      to be care about that. No one can understand the concept of 'anatta'
      unless he/she becomes an ariyan. Because, what is said 'anattaa' is
      the 'Nibbaana' which is not be understood mere by intellectual thinking
      and phiosophical investigations, as Mrs David attempted to do in one of
      her works.
      As one of our dhamma friend has pointed out that 'anattaa' is absolutely
      unique to the Buddhadhamma. Based on individual understanding some
      other misinterprets the Buddha's teachings. It is right to say that
      whatever way or however way the concept of 'anattaa' is inerpreted, it
      is totally unique to the Buddha's teachings as before him no one else
      had proclaimed so. And besides Buddhadhamma that concept does not
      exist in any other traditions, or religiuos systems.
      your's in the dhamma,
      dipankaro