Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.
 

Re: [Pali] Recording of Pali Word

Expand Messages
  • Nina van Gorkom
    Dear Jennifer, thank you very much. I saved this, it is very good to hear the Pali chanting of suttas. Nina. ... [Non-text portions of this message have been
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 2, 2007
      Dear Jennifer,
      thank you very much. I saved this, it is very good to hear the Pali
      chanting of suttas.
      Nina.
      Op 2-aug-2007, om 8:07 heeft Jennifer Chee het volgende geschreven:

      > Below link has Paritta Pali chanting by Sayadaw U Silananda.



      [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
    • Ong Yong Peng
      Dear Nina, Alex and Jennifer, a larger collection of words is available from this link: http://www.geocities.com/paligroup/palwvm.zip metta, Yong Peng. ... I
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 3, 2007
        Dear Nina, Alex and Jennifer,

        a larger collection of words is available from this link:
        http://www.geocities.com/paligroup/palwvm.zip

        metta,
        Yong Peng.


        --- In Pali@yahoogroups.com, Nina van Gorkom wrote:

        I found thw site; <http://www.aimwell.org/Help/Pali/pali.html>

        > Alex: As i am really interested in the actual pronouncement of
        > the entire series, please advise how to go about getting it?
      • Alex Long
        Thanks Bros/sis in the sublime dhamma. Just want to double check these are the right pali words; 1) Sangwat-asankheyya kappa 2) Sangwat-tathayee-asankheyya
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 4, 2007
          Thanks Bros/sis in the sublime dhamma.

          Just want to double check these are the right pali words;
          1) Sangwat-asankheyya kappa
          2) Sangwat-tathayee-asankheyya kappa
          3) Wiwat-asankheyya kappa
          4) Wiwat-tathayee asankheyya kappa

          May all be well and happy.

          Alex

          Ong Yong Peng <pali.smith@...> wrote:
          Dear Nina, Alex and Jennifer,

          a larger collection of words is available from this link:
          http://www.geocities.com/paligroup/palwvm.zip

          metta,
          Yong Peng.

          --- In Pali@yahoogroups.com, Nina van Gorkom wrote:

          I found thw site; <http://www.aimwell.org/Help/Pali/pali.html>

          > Alex: As i am really interested in the actual pronouncement of
          > the entire series, please advise how to go about getting it?






          ---------------------------------

          Real people. Real questions. Real answers. Share what you know.

          [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
        • dipankaro
          Dear, Alex, What were you referring to those Pali terms? Could you write in clear pali? For example: sa.mv.t.ta as nkheyya kappa (what I understood). With
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 5, 2007
            Dear, Alex,
            What were you referring to those Pali terms? Could you write in clear
            pali? For example: sa.mv.t.ta as"nkheyya kappa (what I understood).
            With metta,
            Dipankaro

            --- In Pali@yahoogroups.com, Alex Long <duriank24@...> wrote:
            >
            > Thanks Bros/sis in the sublime dhamma.
            >
            > Just want to double check these are the right pali words;
            > 1) Sangwat-asankheyya kappa
            > 2) Sangwat-tathayee-asankheyya kappa
            > 3) Wiwat-asankheyya kappa
            > 4) Wiwat-tathayee asankheyya kappa
            >
            > May all be well and happy.
            >
            > Alex
            >
            > Ong Yong Peng <pali.smith@...> wrote:
            > Dear Nina, Alex and Jennifer,
            >
            > a larger collection of words is available from this link:
            > http://www.geocities.com/paligroup/palwvm.zip
            >
            > metta,
            > Yong Peng.
            >
            > --- In Pali@yahoogroups.com, Nina van Gorkom wrote:
            >
            > I found thw site; <http://www.aimwell.org/Help/Pali/pali.html>
            >
            > > Alex: As i am really interested in the actual pronouncement of
            > > the entire series, please advise how to go about getting it?
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            > ---------------------------------
            >
            > Real people. Real questions. Real answers. Share what you know.
            >
            > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
            >
          • Piya Tan
            Alex, ... What we have here is the conception of an pulsating universe, spoken by the Buddha some 2500 years ago! ... Piya Tan -- The Minding Centre Blk 644
            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 5, 2007
              Alex,

              The terms looks like Thai transliteration of the Pali terms, as follows:

              >
              > > 1) Sangwat-asankheyya kappa = sa.mva.t.ta asa.nkheyye kappa (the
              > incalculable age of rolling back of the universe) = collapsing universe
              >




              > 2) Sangwat-tathayee-asankheyya kappa = sa.mvatta-.t,.thayii asa.nkheyyakappa (the incalculable age of the rolled back universe): the collapsed
              > (stable) universe (or the big crunch)
              >



              > 3) Wiwat-asankheyya kappa = viva.t.ta asa.nkheyya kappa (the incalculable
              > age of the rolling open universe) = evolving or expanding universe
              >



              > 4) Wiwat-tathayee asankheyya kappa = viva.t.ta-.t,.thayii asa.nkheyyakappa (the incalculable age of the rolled open universe) = the evolved
              > (stable universe)
              > >
              >








              What we have here is the conception of an pulsating universe, spoken by the
              Buddha some
              2500 years ago!

              > May all be well and happy.
              > >
              >





              Piya Tan


              --
              The Minding Centre
              Blk 644 Bukit Batok Central #01-68 (2nd flr)
              Singapore 650644
              Website: dharmafarer.googlepages.com


              [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
            • Alex Long
              Sadhu. Learn somethings from you. With metta, Alex Piya Tan wrote: Alex, ... What we have here is the conception of an pulsating
              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 6, 2007
                Sadhu. Learn somethings from you.

                With metta,
                Alex

                Piya Tan <dharmafarer@...> wrote:
                Alex,

                The terms looks like Thai transliteration of the Pali terms, as follows:

                >
                > > 1) Sangwat-asankheyya kappa = sa.mva.t.ta asa.nkheyye kappa (the
                > incalculable age of rolling back of the universe) = collapsing universe
                >

                > 2) Sangwat-tathayee-asankheyya kappa = sa.mvatta-.t,.thayii asa.nkheyyakappa (the incalculable age of the rolled back universe): the collapsed
                > (stable) universe (or the big crunch)
                >

                > 3) Wiwat-asankheyya kappa = viva.t.ta asa.nkheyya kappa (the incalculable
                > age of the rolling open universe) = evolving or expanding universe
                >

                > 4) Wiwat-tathayee asankheyya kappa = viva.t.ta-.t,.thayii asa.nkheyyakappa (the incalculable age of the rolled open universe) = the evolved
                > (stable universe)
                > >
                >

                What we have here is the conception of an pulsating universe, spoken by the
                Buddha some
                2500 years ago!

                > May all be well and happy.
                > >
                >

                Piya Tan

                --
                The Minding Centre
                Blk 644 Bukit Batok Central #01-68 (2nd flr)
                Singapore 650644
                Website: dharmafarer.googlepages.com

                [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]






                ---------------------------------

                Real people. Real questions. Real answers. Share what you know.

                [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
              Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.