Re: [Pali] Recording of Pali Word

    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 1, 2007
      Dear Alex,
      I found thw site; <http://www.aimwell.org/Help/Pali/pali.html>

    • Jennifer Chee
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 1, 2007
        Hi Alex,

        If you are interested in Paritta. Below link has Paritta Pali chanting by Sayadaw U Silananda. I have included a link to his bio. as well.

        http://www.myanmar-burma.org/ndhamma/others.htm#silananda
        http://tbsa.org/articles/SayadawUSilanandaBio.html

        Jennifer

        duriank24 <duriank24@...> wrote:
        Bros in the dharma,

        Sadhu to all who contributed to the entire series of Pali courses. As i am really interested in the
        actual pronouncement of the entire series, please advise how to go about getting it?

        Metta,
        Alex

        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 2, 2007
          Dear Jennifer,
          thank you very much. I saved this, it is very good to hear the Pali
          chanting of suttas.
          Nina.
          Op 2-aug-2007, om 8:07 heeft Jennifer Chee het volgende geschreven:

          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 3, 2007
            Dear Nina, Alex and Jennifer,

            a larger collection of words is available from this link:
            http://www.geocities.com/paligroup/palwvm.zip

            I found thw site; <http://www.aimwell.org/Help/Pali/pali.html>

            > Alex: As i am really interested in the actual pronouncement of
            > the entire series, please advise how to go about getting it?
          • Alex Long
            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 4, 2007
              Thanks Bros/sis in the sublime dhamma.

              Just want to double check these are the right pali words;
              1) Sangwat-asankheyya kappa
              2) Sangwat-tathayee-asankheyya kappa
              3) Wiwat-asankheyya kappa
              4) Wiwat-tathayee asankheyya kappa

              May all be well and happy.

              Alex

              Ong Yong Peng <pali.smith@...> wrote:
              Dear Nina, Alex and Jennifer,

              a larger collection of words is available from this link:
              http://www.geocities.com/paligroup/palwvm.zip

              I found thw site; <http://www.aimwell.org/Help/Pali/pali.html>

              > Alex: As i am really interested in the actual pronouncement of
              > the entire series, please advise how to go about getting it?

            • dipankaro
              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 5, 2007
                Dear, Alex,
                What were you referring to those Pali terms? Could you write in clear
                pali? For example: sa.mv.t.ta as"nkheyya kappa (what I understood).
                With metta,
                Dipankaro

                Message 7 of 10 , Aug 5, 2007
                  Alex,

                  The terms looks like Thai transliteration of the Pali terms, as follows:

                  > > 1) Sangwat-asankheyya kappa = sa.mva.t.ta asa.nkheyye kappa (the
                  > incalculable age of rolling back of the universe) = collapsing universe
                  >

                  > 2) Sangwat-tathayee-asankheyya kappa = sa.mvatta-.t,.thayii asa.nkheyyakappa (the incalculable age of the rolled back universe): the collapsed
                  > (stable) universe (or the big crunch)
                  >

                  > 3) Wiwat-asankheyya kappa = viva.t.ta asa.nkheyya kappa (the incalculable
                  > age of the rolling open universe) = evolving or expanding universe
                  >

                  > 4) Wiwat-tathayee asankheyya kappa = viva.t.ta-.t,.thayii asa.nkheyyakappa (the incalculable age of the rolled open universe) = the evolved
                  > (stable universe)

                  What we have here is the conception of an pulsating universe, spoken by the
                  Buddha some
                  2500 years ago!

                  > May all be well and happy.

                  Piya Tan

                  --
                  The Minding Centre
                  Singapore 650644

                • Alex Long
                  Message 8 of 10 , Aug 6, 2007
                    Sadhu. Learn somethings from you.

                    With metta,
                    Alex

                    Piya Tan <dharmafarer@...> wrote:
                    Alex,

                    The terms looks like Thai transliteration of the Pali terms, as follows:

                    > > 1) Sangwat-asankheyya kappa = sa.mva.t.ta asa.nkheyye kappa (the
                    > incalculable age of rolling back of the universe) = collapsing universe
                    >

                    > 2) Sangwat-tathayee-asankheyya kappa = sa.mvatta-.t,.thayii asa.nkheyyakappa (the incalculable age of the rolled back universe): the collapsed
                    > (stable) universe (or the big crunch)
                    >

                    > 3) Wiwat-asankheyya kappa = viva.t.ta asa.nkheyya kappa (the incalculable
                    > age of the rolling open universe) = evolving or expanding universe
                    >

                    > 4) Wiwat-tathayee asankheyya kappa = viva.t.ta-.t,.thayii asa.nkheyyakappa (the incalculable age of the rolled open universe) = the evolved
                    > (stable universe)

                    What we have here is the conception of an pulsating universe, spoken by the
                    Buddha some
                    2500 years ago!

                    > May all be well and happy.

                    Piya Tan