Re: [Pali] Recording of Pali Word

    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 31 7:44 AM
      Dear Alex,
      there is a site where you hear a bhikkhu pronounce words, and I have
      seen it somewhere on the pali list's web, but perhaps Yong Peng can
      help us. I lost it.
      Nina.
      Op 31-jul-2007, om 13:43 heeft duriank24 het volgende geschreven:

      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 1, 2007
        Dear Alex,
        I found thw site; <http://www.aimwell.org/Help/Pali/pali.html>

      • Jennifer Chee
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 1, 2007
          Hi Alex,

          If you are interested in Paritta. Below link has Paritta Pali chanting by Sayadaw U Silananda. I have included a link to his bio. as well.

          http://www.myanmar-burma.org/ndhamma/others.htm#silananda
          http://tbsa.org/articles/SayadawUSilanandaBio.html

          Jennifer

          duriank24 <duriank24@...> wrote:
          Bros in the dharma,

          Sadhu to all who contributed to the entire series of Pali courses. As i am really interested in the
          actual pronouncement of the entire series, please advise how to go about getting it?

          Metta,
          Alex

          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 2, 2007
            Dear Jennifer,
            thank you very much. I saved this, it is very good to hear the Pali
            chanting of suttas.
            Nina.
            Op 2-aug-2007, om 8:07 heeft Jennifer Chee het volgende geschreven:

            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 3, 2007
              Dear Nina, Alex and Jennifer,

              a larger collection of words is available from this link:
              http://www.geocities.com/paligroup/palwvm.zip

              I found thw site; <http://www.aimwell.org/Help/Pali/pali.html>

              > Alex: As i am really interested in the actual pronouncement of
              > the entire series, please advise how to go about getting it?
            • Alex Long
              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 4, 2007
                Thanks Bros/sis in the sublime dhamma.

                Just want to double check these are the right pali words;
                1) Sangwat-asankheyya kappa
                2) Sangwat-tathayee-asankheyya kappa
                3) Wiwat-asankheyya kappa
                4) Wiwat-tathayee asankheyya kappa

                May all be well and happy.

                Alex

                Ong Yong Peng <pali.smith@...> wrote:
                Dear Nina, Alex and Jennifer,

                a larger collection of words is available from this link:
                http://www.geocities.com/paligroup/palwvm.zip

                I found thw site; <http://www.aimwell.org/Help/Pali/pali.html>

                > Alex: As i am really interested in the actual pronouncement of
                > the entire series, please advise how to go about getting it?

              • dipankaro
                Message 7 of 10 , Aug 5, 2007
                  Dear, Alex,
                  What were you referring to those Pali terms? Could you write in clear
                  pali? For example: sa.mv.t.ta as"nkheyya kappa (what I understood).
                  With metta,
                  Dipankaro

                  Message 8 of 10 , Aug 5, 2007
                    Alex,

                    The terms looks like Thai transliteration of the Pali terms, as follows:

                    > > 1) Sangwat-asankheyya kappa = sa.mva.t.ta asa.nkheyye kappa (the
                    > incalculable age of rolling back of the universe) = collapsing universe
                    >

                    > 2) Sangwat-tathayee-asankheyya kappa = sa.mvatta-.t,.thayii asa.nkheyyakappa (the incalculable age of the rolled back universe): the collapsed
                    > (stable) universe (or the big crunch)
                    >

                    > 3) Wiwat-asankheyya kappa = viva.t.ta asa.nkheyya kappa (the incalculable
                    > age of the rolling open universe) = evolving or expanding universe
                    >

                    > 4) Wiwat-tathayee asankheyya kappa = viva.t.ta-.t,.thayii asa.nkheyyakappa (the incalculable age of the rolled open universe) = the evolved
                    > (stable universe)

                    What we have here is the conception of an pulsating universe, spoken by the
                    Buddha some
                    2500 years ago!

                    > May all be well and happy.

                    Piya Tan

                    --
                    The Minding Centre
                    Singapore 650644

                  • Alex Long
                    Message 9 of 10 , Aug 6, 2007
                      Sadhu. Learn somethings from you.

                      With metta,
                      Alex

                      Piya Tan <dharmafarer@...> wrote:
                      Alex,

                      The terms looks like Thai transliteration of the Pali terms, as follows:

                      > > 1) Sangwat-asankheyya kappa = sa.mva.t.ta asa.nkheyye kappa (the
                      > incalculable age of rolling back of the universe) = collapsing universe
                      >

                      > 2) Sangwat-tathayee-asankheyya kappa = sa.mvatta-.t,.thayii asa.nkheyyakappa (the incalculable age of the rolled back universe): the collapsed
                      > (stable) universe (or the big crunch)
                      >

                      > 3) Wiwat-asankheyya kappa = viva.t.ta asa.nkheyya kappa (the incalculable
                      > age of the rolling open universe) = evolving or expanding universe
                      >

                      > 4) Wiwat-tathayee asankheyya kappa = viva.t.ta-.t,.thayii asa.nkheyyakappa (the incalculable age of the rolled open universe) = the evolved
                      > (stable universe)

                      What we have here is the conception of an pulsating universe, spoken by the
                      Buddha some
                      2500 years ago!

                      > May all be well and happy.

                      Piya Tan