Recording of Pali Word

  • duriank24
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 31 4:43 AM
      Bros in the dharma,

      Sadhu to all who contributed to the entire series of Pali courses. As i am really interested in the
      actual pronouncement of the entire series, please advise how to go about getting it?

      Metta,
      Alex
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 31 7:44 AM
        Dear Alex,
        there is a site where you hear a bhikkhu pronounce words, and I have
        seen it somewhere on the pali list's web, but perhaps Yong Peng can
        help us. I lost it.
        Nina.
        Op 31-jul-2007, om 13:43 heeft duriank24 het volgende geschreven:

        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 1, 2007
          Dear Alex,
          I found thw site; <http://www.aimwell.org/Help/Pali/pali.html>

        • Jennifer Chee
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 1, 2007
            Hi Alex,

            If you are interested in Paritta. Below link has Paritta Pali chanting by Sayadaw U Silananda. I have included a link to his bio. as well.

            http://www.myanmar-burma.org/ndhamma/others.htm#silananda
            http://tbsa.org/articles/SayadawUSilanandaBio.html

            Jennifer

            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 2, 2007
              Dear Jennifer,
              thank you very much. I saved this, it is very good to hear the Pali
              chanting of suttas.
              Nina.
              Op 2-aug-2007, om 8:07 heeft Jennifer Chee het volgende geschreven:

              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 3, 2007
                Dear Nina, Alex and Jennifer,

                a larger collection of words is available from this link:
                http://www.geocities.com/paligroup/palwvm.zip

                I found thw site; <http://www.aimwell.org/Help/Pali/pali.html>

                > Alex: As i am really interested in the actual pronouncement of
                > the entire series, please advise how to go about getting it?
              • Alex Long
                Message 7 of 10 , Aug 4, 2007
                  Thanks Bros/sis in the sublime dhamma.

                  Just want to double check these are the right pali words;
                  1) Sangwat-asankheyya kappa
                  2) Sangwat-tathayee-asankheyya kappa
                  3) Wiwat-asankheyya kappa
                  4) Wiwat-tathayee asankheyya kappa

                  May all be well and happy.

                  Alex

                  Ong Yong Peng <pali.smith@...> wrote:
                  Dear Nina, Alex and Jennifer,

                  a larger collection of words is available from this link:
                  http://www.geocities.com/paligroup/palwvm.zip

                  I found thw site; <http://www.aimwell.org/Help/Pali/pali.html>

                  > Alex: As i am really interested in the actual pronouncement of
                  > the entire series, please advise how to go about getting it?

                • dipankaro
                  Message 8 of 10 , Aug 5, 2007
                    Dear, Alex,
                    What were you referring to those Pali terms? Could you write in clear
                    pali? For example: sa.mv.t.ta as"nkheyya kappa (what I understood).
                    With metta,
                    Dipankaro

                    Message 9 of 10 , Aug 5, 2007
                      Alex,

                      The terms looks like Thai transliteration of the Pali terms, as follows:

                      > > 1) Sangwat-asankheyya kappa = sa.mva.t.ta asa.nkheyye kappa (the
                      > incalculable age of rolling back of the universe) = collapsing universe
                      >

                      > 2) Sangwat-tathayee-asankheyya kappa = sa.mvatta-.t,.thayii asa.nkheyyakappa (the incalculable age of the rolled back universe): the collapsed
                      > (stable) universe (or the big crunch)
                      >

                      > 3) Wiwat-asankheyya kappa = viva.t.ta asa.nkheyya kappa (the incalculable
                      > age of the rolling open universe) = evolving or expanding universe
                      >

                      > 4) Wiwat-tathayee asankheyya kappa = viva.t.ta-.t,.thayii asa.nkheyyakappa (the incalculable age of the rolled open universe) = the evolved
                      > (stable universe)

                      What we have here is the conception of an pulsating universe, spoken by the
                      Buddha some
                      2500 years ago!

                      > May all be well and happy.

                      Piya Tan

                      --
                      The Minding Centre
                      Singapore 650644

                    • Alex Long
                      Message 10 of 10 , Aug 6, 2007
                        Sadhu. Learn somethings from you.

                        With metta,
                        Alex

                        Piya Tan <dharmafarer@...> wrote:
                        Alex,

                        The terms looks like Thai transliteration of the Pali terms, as follows:

                        > > 1) Sangwat-asankheyya kappa = sa.mva.t.ta asa.nkheyye kappa (the
                        > incalculable age of rolling back of the universe) = collapsing universe
                        >

                        > 2) Sangwat-tathayee-asankheyya kappa = sa.mvatta-.t,.thayii asa.nkheyyakappa (the incalculable age of the rolled back universe): the collapsed
                        > (stable) universe (or the big crunch)
                        >

                        > 3) Wiwat-asankheyya kappa = viva.t.ta asa.nkheyya kappa (the incalculable
                        > age of the rolling open universe) = evolving or expanding universe
                        >

                        > 4) Wiwat-tathayee asankheyya kappa = viva.t.ta-.t,.thayii asa.nkheyyakappa (the incalculable age of the rolled open universe) = the evolved
                        > (stable universe)

                        What we have here is the conception of an pulsating universe, spoken by the
                        Buddha some
                        2500 years ago!

                        > May all be well and happy.

                        Piya Tan