Re: Problems with a sutta in the Majjhima (imaaha.m and santaara.nii)

  • abhidhammika
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 24 8:09 AM
      Dear Nina, Florian

      How are you?

      Nina wrote:

      "imaaha.m : can this be a sandhi: ime aha.m? I do not have the text,
      a whole sentence would be helpful."

      Yes, Nina, it is a trick of sandhi. Imaaham is to be seprated Im()
      and Aha.m. Im() will assume the case form of the noun it
      qualifies or indicates.

      Thus,

      imaaha.m panca dhamme will become ime aha.m panca dhamme.

      Imaaha.m kulla.m nissaaya will become ima.m aha.m kulla.m nissaaya.

      Both are from Majjimanikaaya.

      With regards,

      Suan Lu Zaw

      www.bodhiology.org

      Dear Florian,

      > imaaha.m : can this be a sandhi: ime aha.m? I do not have the text,
      > a whole sentence would be helpful.

      > santaara.nii.: PED: (p. 676) conveying to the other shore.
      Nina.

      Op 16-jul-2007, om 20:57 heeft walpolarahula het volgende geschreven:

      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 25 4:37 AM
        Dear Suan and Florian,
        Thank you, Suan. I am glad you helped out. Florian has done so much
        for the list with all those exercises and I hoped someone would help
        him.
        Nina.
        Op 24-jul-2007, om 17:09 heeft abhidhammika het volgende geschreven:

        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 28 12:51 AM

          are you suggesting that Florian is Florent Robert? I am trying to
          contact Florent through e-mail recently, but get no replies from him.

          Message 4 of 12 , Jul 28 6:02 AM
            Perhaps I mixed up names. I thought of the person who is on the photo
            with you.
            Nina.
            Op 28-jul-2007, om 9:51 heeft Ong Yong Peng het volgende geschreven:

            Message 5 of 12 , Jul 29 4:07 AM

              thanks. I am not sure myself whether Florian is Florent. Only they can
              clarify this mystery. ;-)

              Perhaps I mixed up names. I thought of the person who is on the photo
              with you.

              > are you suggesting that Florian is Florent Robert?
            • walpolarahula
              Message 6 of 12 , Jul 30 11:20 AM
                Dear Nina and Yong,

                No, I am not Florent Robert ( :-) ). I think he is French too : French
                name sometimes resemble a lot. Escuse me for not having introduced me.
                I'm Florian Yusuf Ali, I'm seventeen, and I'm from the North of
                France. I'm a theravadin. I learn paali to be able to translate the
                whole tipitaka (may I have the time to do so) in French and to make a
                method to learn it in French (so far inextant), the two being free.
                Here's my little presentation.
                I want to thank you for your rather welcoming reaction and for your
                answers.

                With metta,
                Florian

                Message 7 of 12 , Jul 31 7:32 AM
                  Dear Florian,
                  thank you for your introduction.
                  Since you are French you may like to contact Sébastian Billard,
                  <s.billard@...> who is translating my Abhidhamma in Daily life
                  into French.
                  Nina.
                  Op 30-jul-2007, om 20:20 heeft walpolarahula het volgende geschreven:

                  > I'm Florian Yusuf Ali, I'm seventeen, and I'm from the North of
                  > France.

                • walpolarahula
                  Message 8 of 12 , Aug 1, 2007

                    I already know Sébastien, thince the French community is quite little.
                    Who are you for writting over the Abhidhamma ? Are you a philologist ?

                    With metta,
                    Florian

                    Message 9 of 12 , Aug 3, 2007
                      Dear Florian,

                      welcome, and thanks for clarifying that you are not Florent Robert.
                      You have got an interesting name, I also find your Yahoo! id
                      walpolarahula to be interesting.

                      I suppose you mean you are a Theravada Buddhist. I wish you the best
                      in your Pali study. Please send us the questions you may come across
                      in your study.

                      Message 10 of 12 , Aug 8, 2007
                        Dear Florian,
                        No, I am a student of Buddhism, including Abhidhamma.
                        This is a link: <http://www.mediamax.com/alanweller/Hosted/>
                        Nina.
                        Op 1-aug-2007, om 21:16 heeft walpolarahula het volgende geschreven: