Introduction

  • anicchavatsankharo
    Message 1 of 24 , Jun 8, 2007
      Dear Sir, I am gauri shanker sharma from Lucknow, India. I am in love
      with Pali and Tipitaka. Kindly do share your Pali knowledge with me.
      I do not know much Pali. I would do my best to learn it. With metta
      and regards. Yours faithfully, g.s. sharma
    • josesiem
      Message 2 of 24 , Mar 23, 2008
        Hi all,
        I just joined the group. I'm living in Seoul, Korea now teaching
        English. I want to start learning Pali. My interest in Pali stems from
        my interest and practice of Buddhism. I plan on ordering a couple of
        books and to start studying.

        I'd like to take a Pali course. Anyone know of any this summer? I've
        been scouring the internet, but I haven't found anything yet.

        Thanks.
        Joseph
        Message 3 of 24 , Mar 26, 2008
          Hello Joseph. Welcome to the group. It is nice to hear from someone in
          Korea. Generally, in East Asia, most Buddhists practise Mahayana
          Buddhism. However, there are still some locals and foreigners
          practising Theravada Buddhism. There is also monastic and academic
          interest in Pali Tipitaka and literature, for a whole list of reasons. ;-)

          I can't read Hangul, which makes it hard to help you. But, you can try
          this site to start with: http://www.ripl.or.kr/

          --- In Pali@yahoogroups.com, josesiem wrote:

          I just joined the group. I'm living in Seoul, Korea now teaching
          English. I want to start learning Pali. My interest in Pali stems from
          my interest and practice of Buddhism. I plan on ordering a couple of
          books and to start studying.

          I'd like to take a Pali course. Anyone know of any this summer? I've
          been scouring the internet, but I haven't found anything yet.
        • lucdelannoy
          Message 4 of 24 , Oct 10, 2009
            Hello,
            My name is Luc; I am new here. I am a writer and philospher from Brussels, Belgium; currently live and teach in Mexico. My interests are human perception, the Abhidhamma and commentaries (in particular the 7th book, Patthana) Glad to be around and hope to learn from you all.
            Luc
            Message 5 of 24 , Oct 11, 2009
              Dear Luc,
              welcome here. I do not know whether you have visited the homepage.Put
              cursor on the left side of the green bar on top, and here is all the
              info, grammars, exercises.
              Yong Peng posts Buddhadatta exercises here and if there is anything
              as to grammar, do ask.
              Questions are useful both for the person who asks and the person who
              answers.
              Patthaana means a lot for me, to be applied in our daily life.
              What do you teach?
              Nina.
              Op 11-okt-2009, om 3:38 heeft lucdelannoy het volgende geschreven:

              > My name is Luc; I am new here. I am a writer and philospher from
              > Brussels, Belgium; currently live and teach in Mexico. My interests
              > are human perception, the Abhidhamma and commentaries (in
              > particular the 7th book, Patthana) Glad to be around and hope to
              > learn from you all.

            • Luc Delannoy
              Message 6 of 24 , Oct 21, 2009
                Nina

                Thanks for writing. I teach philosophy and neuroaesthetics. I'm glad I found this group !
                Be well

                Luc

                www.lucdelannoy.com

                Message 7 of 24 , Oct 22, 2009
                  Dear Luc,
                  I do not know whether you may find helpful the intro to the Patthaana
                  I wrote. It is online in <http://www.abhidhamma.org/Patthana%201.htm
                  > and Zolag, <http://www.zolag.co.uk/ > . It will be printed end of
                  the year and if you are interested I like to send it as a free book.
                  Just give your postal address off line.
                  Nina.
                  Op 21-okt-2009, om 17:05 heeft Luc Delannoy het volgende geschreven: