Re:SV: [Pali] Translation of the Pali suttas

  • Yojana Bhagat
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 2, 2007
      it is indeed relevant for me.

      there is a Khaggavisaana sutta in the Khaggavisaanasuttaniddessa of the Cullaniddessapaali of the Khuddaka Nikaya of the Sutta pitaka. it is commentary written by Thera Sariputta on the Khaggavisaana sutta of the Sutta Nipata.

      it is actually very important to study it. but i find it little difficult studying it in paali directly. is there any english translation of that sutta? or rather Khaggavisaanasuttaniddessa?

      if yes. please it would make my study easier.

      in metta
      Yojana

      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 2, 2007
        The Niddesa is an early (canonical) Commentary on the Sutta Nipata. It
        should be
        interesting reading in translation.

        However, the Pali text Society catalogue I have does not list any
        translation of the
        Niddesa. There is a Thai translation though.

        With Metta,

        Piya Tan

        On 6/3/07, Yojana Bhagat <bhagatyojana@...> wrote:

        > Thank you very much for the information.
        > it is indeed relevant for me.
        >
        > there is a Khaggavisaana sutta in the Khaggavisaanasuttaniddessa of the
        > Cullaniddessapaali of the Khuddaka Nikaya of the Sutta pitaka. it is
        > commentary written by Thera Sariputta on the Khaggavisaana sutta of the
        > Sutta Nipata.
        >
        > it is actually very important to study it. but i find it little difficult
        > studying it in paali directly. is there any english translation of that
        > sutta? or rather Khaggavisaanasuttaniddessa?
        >
        > if yes. please it would make my study easier.
        >
        > in metta
        > Yojana

        The Minding Centre
        Singapore 650644
        Website: dharmafarer.googlepages.com

      • Kesara Pandittesekera
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 11, 2007
          Yes, there is a English translation of Sutta Nipata available.

          Name of book: Sutta Nipata, Text and Translation
          Author: N. A. Jayawickrama
          Pub: Karunarathne and sons ltd.
          67 UDA Industrial Estate,
          Katuana Rd. Homagama