Re: [Pali] Translation of the Pali suttas

    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 1, 2007
      One of the latest translations is that of KR Norman, "Sutta Nipata"
      translation, but I don't you can find it online. See the book.

      Piya

      --
      The Minding Centre
      Singapore 650644

    • Yojana Bhagat
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 2, 2007
        it is indeed relevant for me.

        there is a Khaggavisaana sutta in the Khaggavisaanasuttaniddessa of the Cullaniddessapaali of the Khuddaka Nikaya of the Sutta pitaka. it is commentary written by Thera Sariputta on the Khaggavisaana sutta of the Sutta Nipata.

        it is actually very important to study it. but i find it little difficult studying it in paali directly. is there any english translation of that sutta? or rather Khaggavisaanasuttaniddessa?

        if yes. please it would make my study easier.

        in metta
        Yojana

        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 2, 2007
          The Niddesa is an early (canonical) Commentary on the Sutta Nipata. It
          should be
          interesting reading in translation.

          However, the Pali text Society catalogue I have does not list any
          translation of the
          Niddesa. There is a Thai translation though.

          With Metta,

          Piya Tan

          On 6/3/07, Yojana Bhagat <bhagatyojana@...> wrote:

          > Thank you very much for the information.
          > it is indeed relevant for me.
          >
          > there is a Khaggavisaana sutta in the Khaggavisaanasuttaniddessa of the
          > Cullaniddessapaali of the Khuddaka Nikaya of the Sutta pitaka. it is
          > commentary written by Thera Sariputta on the Khaggavisaana sutta of the
          > Sutta Nipata.
          >
          > it is actually very important to study it. but i find it little difficult
          > studying it in paali directly. is there any english translation of that
          > sutta? or rather Khaggavisaanasuttaniddessa?
          >
          > if yes. please it would make my study easier.
          >
          > in metta
          > Yojana

          The Minding Centre
          Singapore 650644
          Website: dharmafarer.googlepages.com

        • Kesara Pandittesekera
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 11, 2007
            Yes, there is a English translation of Sutta Nipata available.

            Name of book: Sutta Nipata, Text and Translation
            Author: N. A. Jayawickrama
            Pub: Karunarathne and sons ltd.
            67 UDA Industrial Estate,
            Katuana Rd. Homagama