SV: [Pali] Translation of the Pali suttas

  • Gunnar Gällmo
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 1, 2007
      --- bhagatyojana <bhagatyojana@...> skrev:

      > Respected Scholars
      >
      > is the translation of the Khaggavisaana sutta of the
      > sutta Nipata
      > already done? if yes please i am studying the sutta
      > presently and it
      > would be really helpful to me

      There are several translations of it available on the
      webb, e. g. by Thanissaro:

      http://www.accesstoinsight.org/tipitaka/kn/snp/snp.1.03.than.html

      Or an older one by Fausböll:

      http://www.ishwar.com/buddhism/holy_sutta_nipata/book01/book01_03.html

      Or a German translation by Nyanaponika:

      http://www.palikanon.com/khuddaka/sn/sn_i03_75.html

      Hope this may be of some help,

      Gunnar

      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 1, 2007
        Dear Yojana,
        yes, by K.R. Norman, The Group of Discourses, PTS 1992.
        Nina.
        Op 30-mei-2007, om 20:20 heeft bhagatyojana het volgende geschreven:

        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 1, 2007
          One of the latest translations is that of KR Norman, "Sutta Nipata"
          translation, but I don't you can find it online. See the book.

          Piya

          --
          The Minding Centre
          Singapore 650644

        • Yojana Bhagat
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 2, 2007
            it is indeed relevant for me.

            there is a Khaggavisaana sutta in the Khaggavisaanasuttaniddessa of the Cullaniddessapaali of the Khuddaka Nikaya of the Sutta pitaka. it is commentary written by Thera Sariputta on the Khaggavisaana sutta of the Sutta Nipata.

            it is actually very important to study it. but i find it little difficult studying it in paali directly. is there any english translation of that sutta? or rather Khaggavisaanasuttaniddessa?

            if yes. please it would make my study easier.

            in metta
            Yojana

            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 2, 2007
              The Niddesa is an early (canonical) Commentary on the Sutta Nipata. It
              should be
              interesting reading in translation.

              However, the Pali text Society catalogue I have does not list any
              translation of the
              Niddesa. There is a Thai translation though.

              With Metta,

              Piya Tan

              On 6/3/07, Yojana Bhagat <bhagatyojana@...> wrote:

              > Thank you very much for the information.
              > it is indeed relevant for me.
              >
              > there is a Khaggavisaana sutta in the Khaggavisaanasuttaniddessa of the
              > Cullaniddessapaali of the Khuddaka Nikaya of the Sutta pitaka. it is
              > commentary written by Thera Sariputta on the Khaggavisaana sutta of the
              > Sutta Nipata.
              >
              > it is actually very important to study it. but i find it little difficult
              > studying it in paali directly. is there any english translation of that
              > sutta? or rather Khaggavisaanasuttaniddessa?
              >
              > if yes. please it would make my study easier.
              >
              > in metta
              > Yojana

              The Minding Centre
              Singapore 650644
              Website: dharmafarer.googlepages.com

            • Kesara Pandittesekera
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 11, 2007
                Yes, there is a English translation of Sutta Nipata available.

                Name of book: Sutta Nipata, Text and Translation
                Author: N. A. Jayawickrama
                Pub: Karunarathne and sons ltd.
                67 UDA Industrial Estate,
                Katuana Rd. Homagama