Digital Pali Reader: highly recommended

    Message 1 of 1 , May 7 10:03 AM
      Greetings in the Dharma,

      I find the DIGITAL PALI READER an amazingly useful tool for those who
      frequently use the Pali Canon, with its multiple windows
      displaying the DPPN (Dictionary of Pali Proper Names) and the PED
      (Pali English Dictionary) and CPED (Critical Pali Dictionary?).

      It also uses Velthuis Pali, besides the very versatile search
      features. Although not all the Pali words are clickable for meaning, but
      a huge amount of effort has been put in for those words that give
      their meanings and references at a click.

      The way the page contents fluidly move is itself dhyanic to see.

      I am further delighted to know that the THAI TIPITAKA is also
      accessible with DPR. However, I am unable to refer to it, as I am
      not sure how to download the Thai Pitaka from SourceForge (which
      author Yuttadhammo works with). Could anyone help?

      I know I am a bit behind time here as many others are probably using
      DPR already, but I recommend it to others who wish to
      learn Pali from the Canon itself.

      DPR can be downloaded from
      http://sourceforge.net/projects/digitalpali/. It works best with
      Mozilla Firefox (download and install
      it too for for effect).

      Very Happy Vesak,

      Piya Tan

      The Minding Centre
      (The still centre in life's storm)
      Blk 644 Bukit Batok Central, #01-68 (2nd flr),
      [near Bukit Batok MRT/Interchange] Singapore 650644.
      Minding Centre Website:
      <http://minding.centre.googlepages.com/>http://mindcentre.googlepages.com
      Dharmafarer website: http://dharmafarer.googlepages.com
      HP: 8211 0879; Tel: 6569 5205