Re: To learn Burmese language

  • Bhikkhu Pesala
    Message 1 of 8 , May 5 1:58 AM
      Have you tried contacting the Vipassana Research Institute?
      http://www.vri.dhamma.org/

      S.N. Goenka was born in Burma, and speaks fluent Burmese. He follows the
      U Ba Khin tradition, which is in the lineage of the Venerable Ledi
      Sayadaw. If anyone in India can help you with studies of the Ledi Sayadaw
      Dipanis, he will surely know of someone.

      In the UK, Roger Bischoff of Splatts House may be able to offer some
      useful advice.

      http://www.ubakhin.com/

      Many of Ledi Sayadaw's works can be found at the above link, but I am
      sure you already know that. I'm afraid that my knowledge of Burmese is
      not sufficient to do any translation work.