Re: [Pali] A.t.ta or attha

  • P G Dave
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 19, 2007
      johnny,

      kathaa mean the spoken (word/matter/points/story - choose contextually). So,
      liberally translated, "A.t.takathaa" would mean eight points.

      quite often kathaa is also used to mean story. e.g. a book on the life of
      Buddha may well be titled "Buddhakathaa" just as a compilation of Buddha's
      teachings may be titled "Buddhakathaa"

      hope this helps.

      with metta.