Reference please

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 16, 2007
      I'm currently working on study notes on "Group Karma" in the Sutta
      Discovery series.

      Does anyone remember the reference for the story or statement made by
      the Buddha or commentator
      regarding

      those who give alone would be reborn rich but with few friends,
      but those who give and encourage others to give or joins others in giving
      would be reborn rich and have many friends.

      I would be much obliged if someone could respond.

      Piya Tan

      The Minding Centre
      (The still centre in life's storm)
      Blk 644 Bukit Batok Central, #01-68 (2nd flr),
      [near Bukit Batok MRT/Interchange] Singapore 650644.
      Minding Centre Website:
      <http://minding.centre.googlepages.com/>http://mindcentre.googlepages.com
      Dharmafarer website: http://dharmafarer.googlepages.com
      HP: 8211 0879; Tel: 6569 5205