How?

  • johan wijaya
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 28, 2007
      How do i join you guys in reading of Introduction to Pali? Sorry, i'm quite not good at technological thing, he..he.

      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 2 6:01 PM
        Dear Johan,

        first, please obtain a copy of A K Warder's Introduction to Pali,
        published by the Pali Text Society.

        The group reading is new to us, and I will post to the group later in
        March or April a schedule of how we will proceed in reading the book.

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 4 9:18 PM

          Thanks for the info...I'll get myself the book. Looking forward to your schedule.

          Oy, it seems that one member cannot send messages directly to another in this
          group, can't they?

          Cheers,

          Johan.

          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 6 3:14 AM
            Dear Johan,

            thanks for your enthusiasm. Since the time of the Buddha, there has
            never been a moment when there is a complete lack of people interested
            in His teachings. Monks, nuns, and even lay people have been
            travelling to temples, monasteries, and even crossing borders to India
            to seek the Buddha's teachings. Many have pursued as far as possible
            to obtain the "original teachings" of the Buddha. As a result, there
            are always Buddhists of non-Indian origin learning languages such as
            Pali and Sanskrit in order to read the suttas written in these languages.

            As for your question on messaging, please consult the following site:
            http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/groups/