About Pali studies in Korea

  • ashinpan@gmail.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 11, 2007
      Hi! All

      I have lost touch with the group for a very long time. In fact, I have not
      been able even to scan the group posts up to now, let alone making new
      contributions. But I hope to come back again in near future.

      At present, I would like to seek advice from group members.

      Some Korean students studying Pali with me have invited me to read a paper
      at the coming International Conference on Buddhist Studies to be held in
      this year. In my opinion, I needn't go just to read and publish a paper. A
      visit to Korea would be worthwhile only if I can meet persons that I should
      meet there.

      My students have recommended some persons that I should meet. But I would
      like also to have advice from Pali group members who are more knowledgeable
      as regards Pali studies in Korea.

      Can you recommend any Korean scholar working in Pali studies whom I should
      try to meet at all costs?

      with metta

      Ven. Pandita

      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 11, 2007
        Venerable Bhikkhu Pandita,
        I am happy to see you back. I recently referred to your words that we
        should think in Pali, not think in English in trying to understand
        the texts. I always admired your explanations.
        I am also interested to have some contact with a center in Korea, I
        have none but I would like to know.
        Looking forward to your input in the future,
        with respect,
        Nina.
        Op 11-feb-2007, om 10:18 heeft ashinpan@... het volgende
        geschreven: