Re: [Pali] Diacritical signs in Word

  • Jacques Huynen
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 8, 2007
      Hello Gerard,

      I myself use Arial MS Unicode, but I am not certain
      how my system (XP) downloaded it; probably by
      accessing the Pali Tipitaka BJT (singhalese) edition
      that you can find at La Trobe University site. Or you
      ask Microsoft. But once downloaded it is easy to use
      and esthetically satisfying.

      With Metta,

      Jacques

      --- gmblok <gmblok@...> wrote:

      > Hello,
      > Could someone tell me how I can type Pali text, with
      > its diacritical signs,
      > in Word for Windows 2003.
      > Thanks in advance,
      > Gerard Blok

      8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no time
    • Dmytro O. Ivakhnenko
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 8, 2007
        Hello Gerard,

        > Could someone tell me how I can type Pali text, with its diacritical signs,
        > in Word for Windows 2003.

        First check if you have Arial Unicode font. If not, I would recommend
        Times Ext Roman:
        http://www.thdl.org/tools/fonts/diafonts.html#timexrom

        or other fonts:
        http://www.dhamma.ru/sadhu/modules/mylinks/viewcat.php?cid=119

        Then through the Word dropdown menu Insert - Symbol you can find
        necessary symbols and assign keyboard shortcuts to them.

        Best wishes,
        Dmytro
      • gmblok
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 9, 2007
          Hi,
          Thank you all for your remarks, they were very helpful indeed!
          Best wishes, Gerard