Re: [Pali] Diacritical signs in Word

    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 7, 2007
      Gerard,

      Go to http://dharmafarer.googlepages.com
      On the home page you will find the fonts, you need, and how to install them.

      Piya

      On 2/7/07, gmblok <gmblok@...> wrote:

      > Hello,
      > Could someone tell me how I can type Pali text, with its diacritical
      > signs,
      > in Word for Windows 2003.
      > Thanks in advance,
      > Gerard Blok

    • Jacques Huynen
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 8, 2007
        Hello Gerard,

        I myself use Arial MS Unicode, but I am not certain
        how my system (XP) downloaded it; probably by
        accessing the Pali Tipitaka BJT (singhalese) edition
        that you can find at La Trobe University site. Or you
        ask Microsoft. But once downloaded it is easy to use
        and esthetically satisfying.

        With Metta,

        Jacques

        --- gmblok <gmblok@...> wrote:

        > Hello,
        > Could someone tell me how I can type Pali text, with
        > its diacritical signs,
        > in Word for Windows 2003.
        > Thanks in advance,
        > Gerard Blok

        8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no time
      • Dmytro O. Ivakhnenko
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 8, 2007
          Hello Gerard,

          > Could someone tell me how I can type Pali text, with its diacritical signs,
          > in Word for Windows 2003.

          First check if you have Arial Unicode font. If not, I would recommend
          Times Ext Roman:
          http://www.thdl.org/tools/fonts/diafonts.html#timexrom

          or other fonts:
          http://www.dhamma.ru/sadhu/modules/mylinks/viewcat.php?cid=119

          Then through the Word dropdown menu Insert - Symbol you can find
          necessary symbols and assign keyboard shortcuts to them.

          Best wishes,
          Dmytro
        • gmblok
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 9, 2007
            Hi,
            Thank you all for your remarks, they were very helpful indeed!
            Best wishes, Gerard