Diacritical signs in Word

  • gmblok
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 7, 2007
      Hello,
      Could someone tell me how I can type Pali text, with its diacritical signs,
      in Word for Windows 2003.
      Thanks in advance,
      Gerard Blok
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 7, 2007
        Gerard,

        Go to http://dharmafarer.googlepages.com
        On the home page you will find the fonts, you need, and how to install them.

        Piya

        On 2/7/07, gmblok <gmblok@...> wrote:

        > Hello,
        > Could someone tell me how I can type Pali text, with its diacritical
        > signs,
        > in Word for Windows 2003.
        > Thanks in advance,
        > Gerard Blok

      • Jacques Huynen
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 8, 2007
          Hello Gerard,

          I myself use Arial MS Unicode, but I am not certain
          how my system (XP) downloaded it; probably by
          accessing the Pali Tipitaka BJT (singhalese) edition
          that you can find at La Trobe University site. Or you
          ask Microsoft. But once downloaded it is easy to use
          and esthetically satisfying.

          With Metta,

          Jacques

          --- gmblok <gmblok@...> wrote:

          > Hello,
          > Could someone tell me how I can type Pali text, with
          > its diacritical signs,
          > in Word for Windows 2003.
          > Thanks in advance,
          > Gerard Blok

          8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no time
        • Dmytro O. Ivakhnenko
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 8, 2007
            Hello Gerard,

            > Could someone tell me how I can type Pali text, with its diacritical signs,
            > in Word for Windows 2003.

            First check if you have Arial Unicode font. If not, I would recommend
            Times Ext Roman:
            http://www.thdl.org/tools/fonts/diafonts.html#timexrom

            or other fonts:
            http://www.dhamma.ru/sadhu/modules/mylinks/viewcat.php?cid=119

            Then through the Word dropdown menu Insert - Symbol you can find
            necessary symbols and assign keyboard shortcuts to them.

            Best wishes,
            Dmytro
          • gmblok
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 9, 2007
              Hi,
              Thank you all for your remarks, they were very helpful indeed!
              Best wishes, Gerard