Re: [Pali] Sanskrit & Pa

  • johnny pruitt
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 1, 2007
      Dear Piya Tan
      Thanks so much for your explaination. Sorry all, for constantly asking questions that are of topic. This really helps. I was looking for a greeting in pali but could not find one except for "svagaato hotu" which I believe means welcome.
      Do you guys think that Pali might have a form for the Sanskrit "namaste"? it sounds like the verb namasati.

      mettacittena
      Johnny Pruitt
      Piya Tan <dharmafarer@...> wrote: Dear Johnny,

      Yes, "sukhi hotu" is a greeting, often "sukhi" (be happy!) for short. This
      is singular 2nd person.
      Use "sukhi hontu" when speaking to more than one person: "may you both/all
      be happy!"

      Sukhi hotu.

      Piya

      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 2, 2007