Re: [Pali] Grammatical moods in Pali

  • Harry Liew
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 30, 2006

      Thks for the lead.

      Harry

      Ong Yong Peng <pali.smith@...> wrote: Dear friends,

      when we read Pali grammars, we usually come across various grammatical
      moods such as optative/conditional and imperative/benedictive moods.
      Sometimes, we also come across the term 'indicative', but most authors
      fail to mention that it is another grammatical mood in Pali.

      To learn more about grammatical moods:
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grammatical_moods

      Are there any more _definite_ grammatical moods in Pali, other than
      the three listed above?