Re: SV: Re: [Pali] Origin of Pali and mother tongue of lord Budha

  • Jacques Huynen
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 19, 2006
      There are 2 ethnic groups claiming descendance from
      the Buddha in Nepal: the Newars and a subgroup from
      them, namely the Sakyas; both speak - beside Nepali
      that is related to other contemporary Indian prakrits
      like Hindi - a sino-tibetan tonal language.

      With Metta

      --- thomaslaw03 <thomaslaw03@...> wrote:

      > --- In Pali@yahoogroups.com, Gunnar Gällmo
      > <gunnargallmo@...> wrote:
      > >

      > > ... there is no secular use of Pali to speak of.
      > >

      > I heard in Japan that a similar form of Pali is
      > spoken in some area of
      > India, but I am not sure whether it is true.
      >
      > Also, a group of people in Nepal claims that they
      > belong to the same
      > clan of the Buddha. I know this from the Buddhist
      > Channel. Maybe their
      > language is the same language of the Buddha.
      >
      > Thomas Law

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • rasoolpuri
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 20, 2006
        Thanks all freinds for your help about origin of Pali and language
        ofLord Budha.

        --- In Pali@yahoogroups.com, johnny pruitt <mahasacham@...> wrote:

        > I have always heard that it was a pigeon language put together by
        Buddhist scholars. I also have wondered how the accentuation sounded.
        Since some words look identical or very similar I wonder if the
        language had a pitch accent.