Jaataka Tales

  • keren_arbel
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 19, 2006
      Hi everyone,

      I need your help in finding the Pali texts of this Jaataka tale:
      http://www.buddhanet.net/bt_22.htm

      And if you have any recommendation for a beautiful and short story
      from the Jaataka, which is about the Buddha as an animal, I will
      appreciate it greatly. I am looking for a story which there is a
      translation to English and a reference to the Pali.
      I don't know much about the Jaataka, but when I opened the Pali CD, I
      realized all the Jaatakas are very short, not like the translated
      stories I found in the Interent. Can anyone explain that to me...?

      Thanks,
      With Metta,
      Keren.
    • Tyler Cann
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 20, 2006
        Keren,

        You might want to check out "Ten Jataka Stories" by Horner. Each is presented in both Pali and English.

        Tyler

      • Dmytro O. Ivakhnenko
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 20, 2006
          Hi Keren,

          > I need your help in finding the Pali texts of this Jaataka tale:
          > http://www.buddhanet.net/bt_22.htm

          It's Maccha Jataka
          http://www.palikanon.com/english/pali_names/ma/macha_jat_034_075_216.htm

          > I don't know much about the Jaataka, but when I opened the Pali CD, I
          > realized all the Jaatakas are very short, not like the translated
          > stories I found in the Interent. Can anyone explain that to me...?

          The stories are from Jataka-Atthakatha.

          Metta, Dmytro
        • keren_arbel
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 20, 2006
            Thank you ever so much! If you have any suggestions to an interesting
            and short jaataka about the Buddha as an animal, I will appreciate it.

            Thanks again,
            With Metta,
            Keren.
          • keren_arbel