Re: Pali Day by Day E076 (Ex21B)

  • flrobert2000
    Message 1 of 219 , Oct 26, 2006
      Dear John,

      The reason why I translated it this way is that Buddhadatta gives the
      following translation p49:
      pubbe=former, eastern

      same for Maitreya's "Pali made easy" p80:
      pubbe = former, previous, east

      Would my translation still be OK in this case?

      With metta,

      Florent

      Message 219 of 219 , Mar 8, 2007
        Dear Florent,

        allow me to suggest the following correction:
        Sattamo Edwardnaamo bhuupati chabbiisatiyaa vassaana.m upari kaala.m
        akaasi.

        --- In Pali@yahoogroups.com, flrobert2000 wrote:

        8. King Edward VII died 26 years ago.
        bhuupati / Edwardnaamo / sattamo / kaalam akaasi /
        chabbiisati / vasse / upari
        Sattamo Edwardnaamo bhuupati chabbisati vasse upari kaalam akaasi.