Re: [Pali] Subcommentary studies, Prajnaparamita.

  • dpannaloka loka
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 17, 2006

      Thank you for your message.

      I will try to make an attempt to contribute to this group with the knowledge, I have acquired, though it is very little, within the best of my capacity in the time to come.

      I too hope to improve with you all.

      In metta,

      Deniyaye Pannaloka

      Nina van Gorkom <vangorko@...> wrote:
      Venerable Bhikkhu Deniyaye Pannaloka,
      I was very glad to see your message through Yoshiko.
      If you would share some of your knowledge about sub-commentary of the
      Majjhimapannasa Atthakatha, many would be delighted here.
      Perhaps in very small sections, because than more people will read
      your message. Perhaps Pali as well as English.
      As to Prajnaparamita, this is a wonderful subject. Whatever you can
      share with us is beneficial. I often reflect on the paramis and I can
      never get enough of them. Because all of us can and should develop
      them along with satipa.t.thaana. It is the practice.
      You ask how you could contribute. It is a privilege for all of us if
      you would share your knowledge and experience with us.
      With respect,
      Nina.

      ---------
      dpannaloka loka <deniyayeloka@...> wrote:

      I am Ven. Deniyaye Pannaloka from Sri Lanka. I am a lecturer in Pali
      and Theravada Buddhism in the Dept. of Pali and Buddhist Sttudie,
      University of Kelaniya in Sri Lanka. For my MPhil research, I edited
      the sub-commentary of the Majjhimapannasa Atthakatha in 2005.

      Presently, I am in Japan (Kyushu University) reading for my PhD
      specializing in Prajnaparamita literature.

      I life interests of study and research are Pali and Buddhist
      Phlosophy (Theravada and Earlu Mahayana). So, I am interested to know
      how can I take part and contribute to the activities of this study
      group.