Re: [Pali] From a new member

  • dpannaloka loka
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 17 12:18 AM
      Dear Yoshiki Goto,

      Thank you very much for your kindness.

      Hope we will enjoy@and improve our understanding on the words of the Buddha.

      With metta,

      Deniyaye Pannaloka

      yoshiki goto <yoshiki_gt@...> wrote:
      Dear Sir

      I am very glad I found your message from Japan. I am Japanese and very interested in Buddha's philosophy. Living in Tokyo, I sometimes join the vipassana lesson and lecture given by Thera Smanasara. (he is also from Sri Lanka!)

      I am a member of Pali Group for more than one year but I have never posted because my pali language level is still low.

      Please feel free to ask me if you need a help in your daily life in Japan, though you live in maybe Hakata.

      Regards

      Yoshiki Goto

      dpannaloka loka <deniyayeloka@...> wrote:
      To whom it may concern,

      I am Ven. Deniyaye Pannaloka from Sri Lanka. I am a lecturer in Pali and Theravada Buddhism in the Dept. of Pali and Buddhist Sttudie, University of Kelaniya in Sri Lanka. For my MPhil research, I edited the sub-commentary of the Majjhimapannasa Atthakatha in 2005.

      Presently, I am in Japan (Kyushu University) reading for my PhD specializing in Prajnaparamita literature.

      I life interests of study and research are Pali and Buddhist Phlosophy (Theravada and Earlu Mahayana). So, I am interested to know how can I take part and contribute to the activities of this study group.

      Please be kind enough to let me know how I can join you in your programmes of Pali and Buddhist studies.

      Thanking you,

      With metta,

      Deniyaye Pannaloka