Re: [Pali] translation

  • dpannaloka loka
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 17, 2006
      Dear Avery,

      This phrase that occurs in Udana can be read as follows as I understand it and my rendering is based on the commentarial interpretation.

      ana~n~nposi.m - not nourishing others
      a~n~na^ta.m - not known
      danta.m - self possessed
      s^re pati.t.thita.m - established in what is true (essence)

      Thanks,

      Deniyaye Pannaloka

      Citta <avery7259@...> wrote:
      ana~n~naposi.m a~n~na^ta.m danta.m sa^re pati.t.thita.m

      Can anyone tell me how to translate this? I am not sure the first two
      words.

      Thanks
      avery