Re: SV: [Pali] frequency sorted Pali word list

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 10, 2006
      Dear Lennart and Ole,

      sadhu.

      I like to thank Lennart for his continous effort in putting the word
      lists. We have seen several lists in this group, the on-going effort
      undertaken by a few individuals, and Lennart is one. The word lists
      are useful references for Pali students and scholars at all levels.

      I also like to thank Ole for his decision to build upon the CPD and
      offer it as an open-source dictionary to all web-users.
      Coincidentally, Ole's plan to cover the vocabulary of one text at a
      time is the same approach I am taking for Pali Scope!. I consider it a
      good plan. ;-) I wish you success, and please keep us informed of the
      progress.

      --- In Pali@yahoogroups.com, Ole Holten Pind wrote:

      I am planning to continue the Critical Pali Dictionary, Copenhagen
      1924-, which, unfortunately, is to be discontinued. At the moment I
      am involved in making the CPD available on the server of the
      University of Copenhagen and turning the project into a netbased
      dictionary.

      My plan is continue the CPD covering the complete vocabulary of one
      canonical text at the time. In this way one gets around the problem of
      not covering the complete vocabulary of the canon before the last
      volume has been published in the remote future.