Re: AN1.20.1-12 Amata Vagga (1/2)

    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 7, 2006

      thanks a lot. After I posted the last reply, another word surfaced in
      my mind for 'paribhu~njati' -- 'savour', I hope to share with everyone.

      paribhu~njati can be translated as consummates, I agree.
      Pari is another interesting prefix I would like to learn more about.

      parihiina = disregarded, well, I think this is also good: whoever
      falls away from mindfulness of the body..

      I would leave out: 'the' before mindfulness of the body. Without article.

      Discouraged does not seem right.
      parihiina: wasted away, come to ruin.
      Message 2 of 13 , Nov 25, 2006

        it has been awhile that we have completed the Ekaka Nipata of
        Anguttara Nikaya. I wish to thank everyone for participation in the
        translation exercise, which would be a difficult task without your
        kind assistance.

        In particular, Nina has been very generous in her time and effort.
        Many questions would be unanswered, and many passages untranslated, if
        not for her support. So, once again, thanks Nina, and everyone for
        your participation.

        Message 3 of 13 , Nov 26, 2006
          thank you for your kind words. You yourself have done an enormous
          amount of work for each part of the Ekaka Nipata, letting us profit
          from your knowledge.
          I understand that it is difficult to do the whole of the Anguttara
          Nikaya, since it takes so much time. Do you have any plans to do more
          of it?
          Nina.

          Op 26-nov-2006, om 6:35 heeft Ong Yong Peng het volgende geschreven:

          Message 4 of 13 , Nov 27, 2006
            Dear Nina and friends,

            thanks. In actual fact, I hope to complete all the four Nikayas.
            However, due to work commitments and personal endeavors, I will not be
            starting Duka Nipata until next year. And, it will not be the regular
            weekly postings for at least the next year.

            As usual, that does not stop anyone from starting a sutta translation
            or sutta study thread.

            I have forgotten to mention in the last post that all previous posts
            on Ekaka Nipata can be located through this page:
            http://www.tipitaka.net/tipitaka/spectra/ekaka_nipata

            I hope to put under this page links to the translations Connie had
            posted much earlier. At the same time, I am also trying to collect the
            links to any sutta translation exercise done by the group. If anyone
            has more information, please let me know. Thank you.

            Message 5 of 13 , Nov 27, 2006
              I am glad, thank you. We do not need to have any time pressure.
              Nina.
              Op 27-nov-2006, om 10:50 heeft Ong Yong Peng het volgende geschreven: