Re: [Pali] Re: Compass: Life of Buddha

  • Khemaramsi
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 30, 2006
      Dear Thomas

      It can be downloaded in this link.
      ftp://dhamma.meibu.com/webs-sss2002/media/Buddha.rmvb

      but I don't know the copyright issue.

      with metta

      tzungkuen

      --- In Pali@yahoogroups.com, thomaslaw03 wrote:

      On 7th November 2004, the ABC TV (Australia)in Compass broadcasted a
      program, 'The Life of Buddha'. The ABC website does not offer for
      sale in DVD/VHS format of the program.

      Sotthi te hotu sabbadaa 願幸福永遠伴隨您May there always be happiness for you
      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 1, 2006
        Dear Tzungkuen,

        What player can play this format (rmvb)?

        Piya

        On 10/1/06, Khemaramsi <tzungkuen@...> wrote:

        > Dear Thomas
        >
        > It can be downloaded in this link.
        > ftp://dhamma.meibu.com/webs-sss2002/media/Buddha.rmvb
        >
        > but I don't know the copyright issue.
        >
        > with metta
        >
        > tzungkuen
        >
        > --- In Pali@yahoogroups.com <Pali%40yahoogroups.com>, thomaslaw03 wrote:
        >
        > On 7th November 2004, the ABC TV (Australia)in Compass broadcasted a
        > program, 'The Life of Buddha'. The ABC website does not offer for
        > sale in DVD/VHS format of the program.
        >

        > Sotthi te hotu sabbadaa 願幸福永遠伴隨您May there always be happiness for you

      • thomaslaw03
        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 1, 2006
          Dear tzungkuen, and Yong Peng,

          I have downloaded the program from the website, but it does not work in
          my DVD player (and my PC). Maybe the format does not meet with
          Australia DVD player.

          I have emailed to and checked on ABC, BBC, and others, but no video
          (DVD/VHS) of the program is available for sale.

          Hopefully one day I could find it.

          Thank you very much for your reply.

          Sincerely,

          Thomas Law
        • Khemaramsi
          Message 4 of 12 , Oct 2, 2006
            Dear Piya

            ----------
            What player can play this format (rmvb)?
            -------------------
            It can played in PC only, and you may want to try Real Alternative
            which could be downloaded freely from the following link:

            http://toget.pchome.com.tw/intro/multimedia_avplayer/21293_dl.html

            with metta

            Tzungkuen

            Sotthi te hotu sabbadaa 願幸福永遠伴隨您May there always be happiness for you
            Message 5 of 12 , Oct 2, 2006
              Dear Thomas,

              I just realised that BBC co-produced this documentary with Discovery
              Channel. You may like to check with the folks there.

              Also, Buddhism is the fastest growing religion in Australia (?). So,
              you may probably find a copy in either a library or a monastery. ;-)
              Good luck.