Re: Junk Characters Solution

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 23, 2006
      Dear P G,

      I would prefer everyone to post with Velthuis encoding. It actually
      takes less than half the effort to enter Pali in Velthuis than in
      Unicode. And it takes less than 10 mins to familiarise with Velthuis
      encoding, and there is no need to be concern of system compatibility,
      software upgrades, etc.

      As the moderator, I would usually reject posts which would result in
      unreadable texts, but I think this one is more of an introduction than
      Pali discussion, so it went through.

      --- In Pali@yahoogroups.com, P G Dave wrote:

      U'll just have to spend about 10-15 mins *the first time* to set up the
      required program. then each time u put in junk, u'll be able to see the
      readable text quickly.