Re: [Pali] Three types of self

    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 19, 2006
      I have uploaded the 2 files again: hope it works this time. Otherwise, you
      may have to try downloading a few times because of the size.

      Piya

      On 9/19/06, P G Dave <pgd2507@...> wrote:

      > Piya,
      >
      > downloaded the .doc files from these links but they give an error while
      > attempting to open:
      >
      > D 2 Samannaphala Sutta
      > sd8.10<http://dharmafarer.googlepages.com/10SamannaphalaSd2piya.doc>(The
      > Buddha heals a father-killer's mind)
      >
      > D 9 Potthapada Sutta
      > sd7.14<http://dharmafarer.googlepages.com/14PotthapadaSd09piya.doc>
      > (The nature of consciousness and the self)
      > pl rectify and advise.
      >
      > much metta
      > ____________________
      >
      > On 9/18/06, Piya Tan <dharmafarer@... <dharmafarer%40gmail.com>>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Keren,
      > >
      > > You might also like to refer to an annotated translation of the
      > Potthapada
      > > Sutta in dharmafarer.googlepages.com in the Introduction and the
      > relevant
      > > section. Click on the Digha icon, and you will find a number of
      > annotated
      > > translations of the Digha suttas.
      > >
      > > Happy reading and awakening.
      > >
      > > Piya
      > >
      > > For Sutta translations with notes, cross-references, comparative study,
      > > biblio, etc, go to
      > >
      > > dharmafarer.googlepages.com
      > >

      > > On 9/18/06, Nina van Gorkom <vangorko@... <vangorko%40xs4all.nl>>
      > wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Dear Keren,
      > > > This passage is about Po.t.thapaada's belief in a soul. My PTS gives
      > > > footnotes. The coarse one is a material soul, having rupa. We have to
      > > > look at the Brahmajala sutta for such theories.
      > > > The mind-made is also material, but very subtle.
      > > > The aruupi is without ruupa, only mental.
      > > > Thus this is in the context of theories about the soul or attaa.
      > > > Nina.
      > > > Op 17-sep-2006, om 8:08 heeft keren_arbel het volgende geschreven:

    • P G Dave
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 19, 2006
        thanks, Piya.

        I d/loaded the fresh files and they are now opening.
        some of the other files on that page are giving trouble too. might be better
        if u upload them as well.

        much metta.

        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 19, 2006
          Pramod,

          It's all in dharmafarer.googlepages.com if you look carefully.

          Piya