Pali Day by Day E078 (Ex22B)

  • flrobert2000
    Message 1 of 219 , Aug 26, 2006
      Dear Piya and Dhammando Bhikkhu,

      Thank you for your comments. I am never too sure about the style since
      English is not my first language.

      Regards,

      Florent

      Here are the answers for the second part:

      8.Paa.thasaalaaya asiitiyaa sissesu pañcaviisatimo hiiyo gambhiire
      udake pati.
      [of] school / 80 / students / 25th / yesterday / deep / water /fell
      Yesterday, out of the 80 students of the school, the 25th fell in deep
      water.

      9.Amhaaka.m pitaro ito pañcame vasse bahuuhi manussehi Anuraadhapura.m
      gamissanti.
      our / fathers / from now / [on] fifth / year / [with] many / people /
      [to] Anuraadhapura / will go
      Our fathers will go with many people to Anuraadhapura in five years.

      10.Dviisu paa.thasaalaasu pa.thamaaya tisata.m sissaa ugga.nhanti.
      two / schools / first / three / hundred / students / learn
      Three hundred students learn in the first of two schools.

      11.Dvinna.m dhanavantaana.m dutiyo ti.msatiyaa yaacakaana.m daana.m
      adaasi.
      two / rich men / second / 30 / beggars / alms / gave
      Out of two rich men, the second one gave alms to 30 beggars.

      12.Nahaayantisu pañcasu naariisu tatiyaaya bhattaa dhanavaa hoti.
      bathing / 5 / women / [of] third / brother / rich / is
      Out of the 5 bathing women, the brother of the third is a rich one.

      13.Bhatta.m pacantiina.m tissanna.m itthiina.m dutiyaa nahaayitu.m
      gamissati.
      rice / cooking / three / women / second / to bathe / will go
      Out of the three women who are cooking rice, the second one will go
      for bathing.

      14.Bhagavaa pa.thama.m vassa.m Baaraa.nasiya.m Isipatanaaraame vi.hari.
      the Exalted One / first / year / [in] Baaraa.nasi / [in] the garden of
      Isipatan / lived
      The Exalted One lived the first year in the garden of Isipatana in
      Baaraanasi.

      15.Tadaa so pañcanna.m bhikkhuuna.m bahunna.m manussaana.m ca dhamma.m
      desesi.
      then / he / 5 / monks / many / people / and / doctrine / taught
      Then he taught the doctrine to five monks and also to many people.
      Message 219 of 219 , Mar 8, 2007
        Dear Florent,

        allow me to suggest the following correction:
        Sattamo Edwardnaamo bhuupati chabbiisatiyaa vassaana.m upari kaala.m
        akaasi.

        --- In Pali@yahoogroups.com, flrobert2000 wrote:

        8. King Edward VII died 26 years ago.
        bhuupati / Edwardnaamo / sattamo / kaalam akaasi /
        chabbiisati / vasse / upari
        Sattamo Edwardnaamo bhuupati chabbisati vasse upari kaalam akaasi.