Pali Day by Day E076 (Ex21B)

  • flrobert2000
    Message 1 of 219 , Aug 13, 2006
      8.Taasa.m channa.m itthiina.m cha bhaataro mahanta.m pabbata.m
      aaruhitvaa cha kapayo aanesu.m.
      [of] those / six / women / six / brothers / big / rock / having
      brought / six / monkeys /
      Having climbed a big mountain, the six brothers of those six women
      brought six monkeys.

      9.Taasa.m maataa dasa ambe ki.nitvaa catassanna.m dhiitaraana.m dadissati.
      [of] those / mother / ten / mangoes / having bought / [to] four /
      daughters / will give
      Having bought ten mangoes, the mother will give them to her four
      daughters.

      10.Idaani La`nkaaya.m paƱca-cattaa.liisa-satasahassa.m manussaa vasanti.
      now / in Sri Lanka / also / fourty-five / 100000 / live
      4.5 Million people live now in Sri-Lanka.

      11.Pubbe Saavatthinagare manussaana.m satta ko.tiyo vasi.msu.
      [in] east / [in] city of Saavatthi / [of] people / 7 / crores / lived
      Seven crores of people lived in the eastern part of Saavatthi.

      12.Tumhe ito dviihi vassehi Anuraadhapura.m gantvaa tattha nava divase
      vasantaa mahante cetiye passissatha.
      you / from now / after two years / [to] Anuraadhapura / having gone /
      there / nine / days / big / shrines / will see
      Having gone to Anuraadhapura two years from now and staying there for
      nine days, you will see big shrines.

      13.Daaso ekena hatthena dve naa.likere itarena eka.m panasaƱ ca harati.
      slave / [with] one / hand / two coconuts / [with] other / one /
      jackfruit / and / carries
      The slave carries two coconuts with one hand and one jackfruit with
      the other.

      14.Aha.m cattaari vassaani nagare vasitvaa tato pacchaa tayo maase
      gaame vasissaami.
      I / four / years / [in] / city / having lived / from there /
      afterwards / three / months / [in] village / will live
      Having lived four years in the city, thereupon afterwards I will live
      three months in the village.
      Message 219 of 219 , Mar 8, 2007
        Dear Florent,

        allow me to suggest the following correction:
        Sattamo Edwardnaamo bhuupati chabbiisatiyaa vassaana.m upari kaala.m
        akaasi.

        --- In Pali@yahoogroups.com, flrobert2000 wrote:

        8. King Edward VII died 26 years ago.
        bhuupati / Edwardnaamo / sattamo / kaalam akaasi /
        chabbiisati / vasse / upari
        Sattamo Edwardnaamo bhuupati chabbisati vasse upari kaalam akaasi.