Writing in Devanagari

  • Erwine Lee
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 8, 2006
      Hi members...

      Currently, im interested in devanagari, an ancient script used for Pali.
      Does anyone know how to write sabbe satta bhavantu sukkhitatta in
      Devanagari?? can you send it to me? i wanna draw it and put it in my
      room. 'sabbe satta bhavantu sukkhitatta' in devanagari.
      Thanks..or perhaps you can send me other 'nice words' in devanagari.
      thanks..

      regards,
      erwine
    • Frank Snow
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 8, 2006
        Hi Erwine,

        I've put a graphic of "sabbe satta bhavantu sukhitattaa" in Devanagari
        here:
        http://www.fsnow.com/pali/images/sabbe-satta-bhavantu-sukhitattaa-devanagari.png

        In the CSCD Tipitaka I found that exact phrase only in one place:
        Suttanipata Atthakatha para 146.

        BTW, I have written a new version of the CSCD converter that supports
        Latin, Devanagari and Myanmar scripts in Unicode encoding. If there is
        anyone who reads either Devanagari or Myanmar script and is willing to
        do some proofreading to ensure that the conversion is correct, please
        contact me.

        Thanks
        Frank Snow
        fsnow@...