Re: SV: [Pali] Re 'dabba' as a technical abhidhamma term

  • Bhante Sujato
    Message 1 of 15 , Jun 27, 2006
      Hi Nina and Ole,

      Thanks for your replies. So it seems, until further information,
      likely that 'dabba' is indeed not a Theravada abhidhamma term, and
      stands as a distinctive difference from the Sarvastivada in this respect.

      metta

      Bhante Sujato

      --- In Pali@yahoogroups.com, "Ole Holten Pind" <oleholtenpind@...> wrote:

      > Dear Bhante,
      >
      > The word denotes any given substance like in Sanskrit. I have hardly
      ever
      > come across it except in grammatical literature. So far I have not
      seen the
      > word in the context of sabhaava "essential nature." I may be wrong,
      though.
      > I would appreciate references. In early sources is it a gotta name:
      dabba

      <http://promos.hotbar.com/promos/promodll.dll?RunPromo&El=&SG=&RAND=43589&pa