Re: Studying Pali

  • John Kelly
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 21 7:50 PM
      Gerard,

      I found it helpful for my own learning and did all the exercises, but
      others do not. You should just try it and see for yourself what
      works. My answer key to both P-E and E-P exercises in Warder (up to
      ch.21) are available on the web at
      http://www.accesstoinsight.org/lib/authors/kelly/warder-key/index.html .

      The translations by Brahmali Bhikkhu are an excellent alternative -
      particularly because of the annotations he's made:
      http://www.accesstoinsight.org/lib/authors/brahmali/index.html

      Good luck in your studies.
      Metta,
      John

      --- In Pali@yahoogroups.com, "Gerard" <gmblok@...> wrote:

      > Recently I began to study Pali with the help of Warder's book. I
      wonder if it is necessary to do also the exercise English-Pali. My aim
      is to be able to translate for my self passages of the Nikaya's, for
      instance. I remember from my studies Latin and Greek that only in the
      beginning exercises English-Latin etc. were given, but very soon they
      were dropped. So, could anyone give me an advise?