Re: Input easy + Warder

  • John Kelly
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 21, 2006
      Hello Gerard,

      Yes, I have created one - though it is not complete. It covers all
      the words in chapters 1 through 25 (1992 entries in all!).

      I will email it to you off-line. If anyone else on the list wants
      one, just let me know and I'll send you a copy too.

      As well as that and the Pali primer, I also have a complete one for
      Gair and Karunatillake's "A New Course in Reading Pali".

      With metta,
      John

      --- In Pali@yahoogroups.com, "Gerard" <gmblok@...> wrote:

      > Hallo!
      > Could somebody tell me if there is a file of the Warder book for the
      program INPUT EASY, like there is one of the Pali Primer?

      > Thanks in advance,
      >
      > Gerard

    • Jacques Huynen
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 22, 2006
        Hello John and Gerard,

        Can you enlighten me about what is INPUT EASY Program.
        I think I guess but I am not sure.

        Thanks,

        Jacques

        --- John Kelly <palistudent@...> wrote:

        > Hello Gerard,
        >
        > Yes, I have created one - though it is not complete.
        > It covers all
        > the words in chapters 1 through 25 (1992 entries in
        > all!).
        >
        > I will email it to you off-line. If anyone else on
        > the list wants
        > one, just let me know and I'll send you a copy too.
        >
        > As well as that and the Pali primer, I also have a
        > complete one for
        > Gair and Karunatillake's "A New Course in Reading
        > Pali".
        >
        > With metta,
        > John
        >
        > --- In Pali@yahoogroups.com, "Gerard" <gmblok@...>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > Hallo!
        > > Could somebody tell me if there is a file of the
        > Warder book for the
        > program INPUT EASY, like there is one of the Pali
        > Primer?
        > >
        > > Thanks in advance,
        > >
        > > Gerard

        > removed]

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • John Kelly
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 23, 2006
          Hello Jacques,

          It's a simple to use learning software. You can read more about it
          and download from this group's archived files:
          http://www.tipitaka.net/pali/andy/iezhom.htm

          One creates one's own learning files by entering e.g., vocabulary
          words in both Pali and English, then the program can feed these back
          to you in sequential or random order, showing just the Pali and you
          type in English, or vice-versa, and the program tells you if you are
          right, and several other variations. I've found it great for learning
          Pali vocab and have created learning files for de Silva, Gair, and Warder.

          With metta,
          John

          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 24, 2006
            Dear John, Gerard, Jacques and friends,

            John, would you be able to upload copies of the files to the Files
            section of the Pali group's page? Thank you.

            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 25, 2006

              I've just uploaded the following 4 Input Easy vocabulary learning
              files to a Pali Learning Files folder in this group's file section:

              - de Silva's "Pali Primer" (642 words)

              - Gair & Karunatillake's "New Course in REading Pali" (2089 words)

              - Warder's "Introduction to Pali" (1992 words). Chapters 1 through 25
              only so far.

              - Bhikkhu Bodhi's Combined Glossaries from the MLDB and CDB
              translations (769 words). Where he changes his rendering from one
              translation to the other, I've always used his latest one, i.e., from
              the CDB.

              I hope some of you can find as much benefit using these learning Pali
              as I have.

              With metta,
              John

              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 26, 2006
                Dear John and friends,

                thanks, John. I am sure these files will come in handy for those who
                want to build up their Pali vocabulary to, at least, handle the
                grammars with ease.

                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 26, 2006
                  Thanks John,

                  But I met a problem trying to download on my system.
                  When, after having downloaded in one of my Pali Files,
                  I click on the icon I receive a message telling that
                  there is no application for the extension ".iez"

                  Would you know a way out of there ?

                  Thanks with Metta

                  http://mail.yahoo.com
                • John Kelly
                  Message 8 of 9 , Apr 29, 2006
                    Hello Jacques,
                    The files with extension ".iez" are just the learning files, i.e. just
                    data - they are not executable on their own. You need to download the
                    Input easy software itself "Input Easy 1_4.exe" from the following
                    page: http://www.tipitaka.net/pali/andy/iezhom.htm . It is this
                    software that recognizes what an "iez" file is.

                    When you have downloaded the software, then click on the executable
                    file itself (".exe")- this will start the program. Then go to the
                    option within the opening screen that says "Open existing file". From
                    here you can navigate to the folder where you stored the downloaded
                    "iez" learning files and open whichever one you want.

                    Hope this is clear.