Re: SV: [Pali] pts dictionary

  • Michael Drummond
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 20, 2006
      Ole, Thx. I see,,, I had neglected that in the form, ekaalopiko, 'alopiko' will revert to its original 'aaloiko' when the eka is dropped.

      Michael

      Ole Holten Pind <oleholtenpind@...> wrote:

      < Also in M.I.77-8 Nyanamoli seems to translate ekaalopiko as one morsel.

      The term is an adjective derived from aalopa mouthful (of alms food) +
      suffix ika; it means living on one/a single mouthful of alms food.
      Please consult A Critical Pali DIctionary in the future.

      Regards,

      Ole Holten Pind

      <http://promos.hotbar.com/promos/promodll.dll?RunPromo&El=&SG=&RAND=46140&pa
      rtner=hbtools> Upgrade Your Email - Click here!

      Paa.li-Parisaa - The Pali Collective
      [Homepage] http://www.tipitaka.net
      [Send Message] pali@yahoogroups.com