Re: satipatthana/vedananupassana

  • nikayas
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 7, 2006
      Thanks Nina. Has there been a translation to English of the
      Papañcasuudanii?

      Mike

      --- In Pali@yahoogroups.com, nina van gorkom <vangorko@...> wrote:

      > Dear Mike Nikayas,
      > Welcome.
      > I only have hardcovers.I use the transl of Ven. Soma, and the Pali
      > Papañcasuudanii: saamisa and the opposite niraamisaa, based on
      nekhamma.
      > Aamisa is flesh, material. The feeling is: sa+ aamisa. With what is
      worldly.
      > Nina.
      > op 04-04-2006 18:01 schreef nikayas op nikayas@...:
      >
      > > I am using the VRI cd rom and it appears that the majjhima nikaya,
      > > mulapannasapali section has MN.1.55, the Mahasatipatthan Sutta
      instead
      > > of the Satipatthana Sutta. Would anyone know anything on this?
      More
      > > over, Boisvert, in his 'The Five Aggregates' says that the
      > > term 'aamisaa' (worldly) is used in the vedananupassana section
      of the
      > > Satipatthana Sutta, whereas in the vedananupassana section of the
      > > Mahasatipatthana Sutta, the term used for worldly is [on the VRI
      cd
      > > rom], 'saamisa'. As far as I had understood it, the two
      presentations
      > > of vedananupassana were exactly the same. Would anyone have an
      idea
      > > about this?

    • rett
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 7, 2006
        >Thanks Nina. Has there been a translation to English of the
        >Papañcasuudanii?

        Hi Mike,

        I saw that your question was to Nina but thought I'd answer as long as I'm logged in anyway. As far as I know the Papañcasuudanii has not been translated in its entirety into English. But if you are interested in what it says about the Satipa.t.thaanasutta, you can turn to Soma Thera's _The Way of Mindfulness_, which is available from BPS in Kandy. It translates the commentary as well as including extracts from the .tiikaa.

        best regards,

        /Rett
      • Dmytro O. Ivakhnenko
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 7, 2006
          Hi Mike and Rett,

          > As far as I know the Papañcasuudanii has not been translated in its entirety into English. But if you are interested in what it says about the Satipa.t.thaanasutta, you can turn to Soma Thera's _The Way of Mindfulness_, which is available from BPS in Kandy. It translates the commentary as well as including extracts from the .tiikaa.

          It is available at:
          http://www.accesstoinsight.org/lib/authors/soma/wayof.html

          Best regards, Dmytro
        • nina van gorkom
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 7, 2006
            Dear Mike Nikayas,
            No.
            Nina.
            op 07-04-2006 11:17 schreef nikayas op nikayas@...:

            > Thanks Nina. Has there been a translation to English of the
            > Papañcasuudanii?
            >
            > Mike
          • Zhaojie
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 12, 2006
              Dear Sir: I have not receive any Pali group later
              email, I wonder if anything wrong with this net.
              Zhoajie

              http://mail.yahoo.com
            • joseph
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 13, 2006
                --- In Pali@yahoogroups.com, Zhaojie <fietaiyi@...> wrote:

                > Dear Sir: I have not receive any Pali group later

                here too, no mail from the Pali group for the last few days,
                what's going on?
                Bhikkhu Jothiko