Re: [Pali] Vipassana

  • "Kåre A. Lie"
    Message 1 of 16 , Apr 6, 2006
      At 19:11 06.04.2006 +0300, you wrote:
      >Hello.
      >
      >I am not sure if the subject is appropriate for the group, if it is not,
      >please
      >see the post as irrelevant.
      >

      >Is it asserted by Theravada monks that Vipassana (of the Theravada
      >tradition) is
      >the original way to practice the Satipathana sutta? Or do they say it was
      >"adapted", or alternatively "rediscovered"?

      There is not ONE way to practice the Satipatthana sutta. There are
      different practical approaches, according to different teachers and their
      interpretations.

      I suggest you read Jack Kornfield "Living Buddhist Masters", to find a good
      survey of some of those different approaches.

      Best regards,

      Kåre A. Lie
      http://www.lienet.no