Re: Pali Day by Day E064 (Ex18B) ekaaya or ekaaya.m

  • dhammanando_bhikkhu
    Message 1 of 219 , Apr 2, 2006
      Hi Florent,

      > Allow me to ask my question one more time. Should it not be ekaaya.m
      > in the following sentence:
      >
      > 10.Imasmi.m gaame vasantaana.m purisaana.m eko pharasu.m aadaaya
      > vana.m gacchanto ekaaya kaasuya.m pati.
      > [in] that / [in] village / [of] living / [of] people / one / axe /
      > took / [to] forest / going / a / [in] pit / fell
      > In that village where people are living, one having taken an axe fell
      > in a pit while going to the forest.

      The feminine locative singular can be either ekaaya or ekaaya.m. Of
      course if one is composing in Pali then ekaaya.m will be better since
      it is unambiguous.

      Best wishes,
      Dhammanando
      Message 219 of 219 , Mar 8, 2007
        Dear Florent,

        allow me to suggest the following correction:
        Sattamo Edwardnaamo bhuupati chabbiisatiyaa vassaana.m upari kaala.m
        akaasi.

        --- In Pali@yahoogroups.com, flrobert2000 wrote:

        8. King Edward VII died 26 years ago.
        bhuupati / Edwardnaamo / sattamo / kaalam akaasi /
        chabbiisati / vasse / upari
        Sattamo Edwardnaamo bhuupati chabbisati vasse upari kaalam akaasi.