Re: Pali Day by Day E064 (Ex18B) ekaaya or ekaaya.m

  • flrobert2000
    Message 1 of 219 , Apr 2, 2006
      Hello,
      Allow me to ask my question one more time. Should it not be ekaaya.m
      in the following sentence:

      10.Imasmi.m gaame vasantaana.m purisaana.m eko pharasu.m aadaaya
      vana.m gacchanto ekaaya kaasuya.m pati.
      [in] that / [in] village / [of] living / [of] people / one / axe /
      took / [to] forest / going / a / [in] pit / fell
      In that village where people are living, one having taken an axe fell
      in a pit while going to the forest.

      Thanks,

      Florent
      Message 219 of 219 , Mar 8, 2007
        Dear Florent,

        allow me to suggest the following correction:
        Sattamo Edwardnaamo bhuupati chabbiisatiyaa vassaana.m upari kaala.m
        akaasi.

        --- In Pali@yahoogroups.com, flrobert2000 wrote:

        8. King Edward VII died 26 years ago.
        bhuupati / Edwardnaamo / sattamo / kaalam akaasi /
        chabbiisati / vasse / upari
        Sattamo Edwardnaamo bhuupati chabbisati vasse upari kaalam akaasi.