Question on Lesson 4 of Pali Primer
I'm on Lesson 4 now of da Silva's Pali Primer and I had a question
about word order when you have two accusatives.
In the English->Pali translation exercises, numbers 16 and 25 are:
16. Merchants bring horses to the palace from the island.
25. Fishermen bring fish to the village in carts.
When I was doing the exercises, I answered as follows (apologies if I
mess up the Pali formatting):
16. Vaa.nijaa diipamhaa paasaada.m asse aaharanti.
25. Dhiivaraa saka.tehi gaama.m macche aaharanti.
I was just guessing that the direct object should go next to the verb.
The answer key gives these answers however:
16. Vaa.nijaa diipamhaa asse paasaada.m aaharanti.
25. Dhiivaraa saka.tehimacche gaama.m aaharanti.
"horses" and "palace" are flip-flopped from my guess. Same with
"fish" and "village". Does the word order matter? Are my answers
right or wrong? Just curious :).