Re: Afflictive emotions

  • sjeff70
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 21, 2006
      You must find out for yourself. Unfortunately, no matter how well
      you know the native language it will not help you understand Dhamma
      without meditation and a strong adherence to the 5 precepts (for
      basic morality/purity).

      Along the path you will get more sensitive to pain if you don't
      become purer and purer (following personal made precepts). This is
      how it works. Reading about Dhamma won't help, learning the language
      won't help: you have to do it/live it, through meditation and
      personal experience.

      There won't be a full understanding until one achieves Satori (Stream-
      Entry); but once one does, there is no turning back.

      They who worship ignorance
      enter blind darkness.
      They who delight in knowledge
      enter darkness, as it were, yet deeper.