Pali Day by Day E058 (Ex16C)

  • flrobert2000
    Message 1 of 219 , Mar 6, 2006
      Dear All,

      Although there have been lots of dicussion already about this topic I
      am still not to sure what would be the most appropriate for sentence 8
      nikkhamma or nikhammissanti?

      With metta,

      Florent

      7.Whose grandsons brought the cows here and gave (them) grass to eat?
      kesaana.m / nattaaro / aaharitvaa / dhenuyo / ettha / dadi.msu /
      ti.na.m / bhuñjitu.m
      Kesaana.m nattaaro ettha dhenuyo aaharitvaa ti.na.m bhuñjitu.m dadi.msu

      8.Tomorrow, all women in the city will come out from there and wander
      in the forest.
      suve / sabbaa / vanitaayo / nagare / nikkhamma / tato /
      aahi.n.dissanti / vane
      Suve, nagare sabbaa vanitaayo tato nikkhamma vane aahi.n.dissanti.

      9.The other woman, having seen a leopard on the street, ran across the
      garden.
      aññaa / vanitaa / passitvaa / diipi.m / visikhaaya.m / dhaavi /
      tiriya.m / aaraame
      Aññaa vanitaa visikhaaya.m diipi.m passitvaa aaraame tiriya.m dhaavi.

      10.Whosoever acquires merit through charity will be born in heaven.
      yo koci / labhati / puñña.m / daanena / nibbissati / sagge
      Yo koci daanena puñña.m labhati sagge nibbissati.

      11. A certain man brought lotuses from the pond, another man carried
      (them) to the market to sell.
      aññataro / puriso / aahari / padumaani / pokkharaniyaa / añña / puriso
      / hari / aapa.na.m / vikki.nitu.m
      Aññataro puriso pokkharaniyaa padumaani aahari añña puriso aapa.na.m
      vikki.nitu.m hari.

      12.My brother's son broke the branches of the other tree (in order) to
      gather flowers, leaves and fruits.
      mama / bhaatussa / putto / bhañji / saakhaayo / itarassa / tarussa /
      ocinitu.m / pupphaani / pa.n.naani / ca phalaani
      Mama bhaatussa putto pupphaani pa.n.naani phalaani ca ocinitu.m
      itarassa tarussa saakhaayo bhañji.
      Message 219 of 219 , Mar 8, 2007
        Dear Florent,

        allow me to suggest the following correction:
        Sattamo Edwardnaamo bhuupati chabbiisatiyaa vassaana.m upari kaala.m
        akaasi.

        --- In Pali@yahoogroups.com, flrobert2000 wrote:

        8. King Edward VII died 26 years ago.
        bhuupati / Edwardnaamo / sattamo / kaalam akaasi /
        chabbiisati / vasse / upari
        Sattamo Edwardnaamo bhuupati chabbisati vasse upari kaalam akaasi.